Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more S75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

number12

Supporting Member
Aug 16, 2016
Tesla
After Sunday there is no more model S 75.

Is this confirmed?

Will there only be S100D and S P100D or will they introduce a new battery size?

Do used 75 prices at least stabilize because of this?

So many questions

Wow.... I've only been on this forum for the past few weeks, and this whole idea of "continuous improvement"/"no model year" is slowly beginning to hit me. Its crazy.... Cars, if Elon has his way, will be like cell phones. Continuously improving. Expensive for the early adopters, but cheaper for those willing to buy the previous edition (My cell phone is the previous years version and I bought it new for half the price). Ultimately, electric cars will become a commodity; cell phones are already a commodity for those that don't care for status. Its crazy...

High end cars have always depreciated quickly, but man, with this constant amount of innovation, the value of older Tesla will slowly begin to depreciate quicker than ICE cars. Yeah, right now, older telsas may be depreciating slower than (or at parity with) a Merc or Bmw or porshe.. However, there's just too much innovation and the number of Teslas out in the wild is increasing where as the number of people willing to accept the draw backs of high end electric cars are staying constant. Besides that, pretty soon the market will be inundated by the "mass market" model 3. Where will that put the resale value older Model S's, X, etc?

Bottom line. IMHO, in the next few months, the value of used Model S is going to be hurt badly. I think the pace of innovation has been even quicker than in previous years. Also, I wish I was wealthy enough to buy a brand new Tesla and not have to care about resale value, because it's kinda cool to be able to buy an 100K-160K car, and see it go down by $$$$ and just not give a d###.... but I am not that wealthy like some of you ballers here :)

Where will that put the resale value older Model S's, X, etc?
Honestly, I think it should not come as a surprise. It is bound to happen sooner or later. Firtstly, it is part of the master plan where the buyers of Model S (and X) help to build financial foundations for mass model (3). Secondly, what saves the current value of model S and X is that it is still relatively exclusive car (speaking in terms of numbers, as compared to other high-end luxury sedans on the market). Lastly - this is pure pun on my side - if fellow Tesla owners would not be so frantic about chasing after latest-greatest and just continued enjoying the car they bought maybe we could preserve some of that exlusivity a bit longer ;)

Bottom line. IMHO, in the next few months, the value of used Model S is going to be hurt badly. I think the pace of innovation has been even quicker than in previous years. Also, I wish I was wealthy enough to buy a brand new Tesla and not have to care about resale value, because it's kinda cool to be able to buy an 100K-160K car, and see it go down by $$$$ and just not give a d###.... but I am not that wealthy like some of you ballers here

If the loss-leader trim of the Model S is going away, it should tend to increase used values rather than hurt them. Replacement 'cost' is increased. Of course depreciation will still continue, but this change alone will have the opposite effect you described.

(There is another possibility that they will announce next week that AWD 'D' trim MSRP is now reduced by $5k, and that would hurt values)

Now if FSD suddenly appeared in an update, that would greatly depress AP1 values...but that seems unlikely since FSD turned out to be a fraud.

Last edited:
High end cars have always depreciated quickly, but man, with this constant amount of innovation, the value of older Tesla will slowly begin to depreciate quicker than ICE cars. Yeah, right now, older telsas may be depreciating slower than (or at parity with) a Merc or Bmw or porshe.. However, there's just too much innovation and the number of Teslas out in the wild is increasing where as the number of people willing to accept the draw backs of high end electric cars are staying constant. Besides that, pretty soon the market will be inundated by the "mass market" model 3. Where will that put the resale value older Model S's, X, etc?

Bottom line. IMHO, in the next few months, the value of used Model S is going to be hurt badly. I think the pace of innovation has been even quicker than in previous years. Also, I wish I was wealthy enough to buy a brand new Tesla and not have to care about resale value, because it's kinda cool to be able to buy an 100K-160K car, and see it go down by $$$$ and just not give a d###.... but I am not that wealthy like some of you ballers here :)

Nope. Compared to other luxury vehicles, Tesla hold their resale values higher. Luxury vehicles in general have the worst resale values. Multiple articles i dont feel like searching cuz it's been posted a billion times already but its on google if you search "tesla resale value"

Nope. Compared to other luxury vehicles, Tesla hold their resale values higher. Luxury vehicles in general have the worst resale values. Multiple articles i dont feel like searching cuz it's been posted a billion times already but its on google if you search "tesla resale value"

There are many threads of Tesla offering bad trade-ins, though, for whatever reasons.

My Model S depreciated much faster than my previous similarly priced Audi.

Reactions: xborg
One person in Sweden that are waiting on his Model S 75D have get his price reduce by little less then $5000 so I expect a price drop on 75D. That would make the price difference between Model S and Model 3 little more understandable wish I believe is needed but it will of course also hurt resale value of exciting cars.

One person in Sweden that are waiting on his Model S 75D have get his price reduce by little less then $5000 so I expect a price drop on 75D. That would make the price difference between Model S and Model 3 little more understandable wish I believe is needed but it will of course also hurt resale value of exciting cars.

...or 75D will be replaced by a similarly priced 85D?