Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more snacks at SvC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charlotte used to have granola bars, peanut crackers, etc, plus the Keurig coffee and bottled water. Lately it has been Biscoff individually wrapped cookies, plus the Keurig coffee and bottled water. I don't complain. However, the Service Team is always really nice to me. Since I often bring them cookies or muffins, the pulled me to the side when the service advisor saw me making a coffee and provided me a boutique donut (from a really nice place around here that closes by noon each day). That gesture meant the world to me as this was for their service team and they took the effort to get me a donut (when I didn't even ask about it nor complain about the "lack of amenities").

do you really think all those amenities found at many of the upscale dealerships are "free"?
those $250 oil changes buys a lot of donuts.
fortunately the build quality of the Model S's has been improved to a point that SvC visits are minimal. I haven't been back in the 10 months of ownership of my second tesla.
The only thing that my local BMW dealer had was bottled (cheap) water and a coffee machine.

Picked up a 2017 Volt for my wife last month. Keyes Chevrolet in Van Nuys had Keurig coffee maker with multiple flavors, another machine dispenses chocolate milk, cold and hot. On the counter were chocolate chip cookies, fresh apples and bananas, and of course water bottles in the fridge.

That must be their new rennovated location then. When I picked up my Volt in 2014 it was a cramped room stuffed full of people with plastic chairs and vending machines.

THIS. I owned a lowly IS250, but I was always impressed with the various Lexus service waiting areas. The one in Fort Worth had a "quiet room" with comfy lounge chairs that was separate from the room with the TV. They did those toaster oven baked cookies and a nice spread of beverages. If I didn't have a ride and I hadn't booked a loaner it was a nice place to chill while waiting for my car. It was one of the things I missed when I bought the Volt. The Chevy service area involved a vending machine and plastic uncomfortable chairs and a loud TV. Sigh.
Yeah. I don't set foot much at Lexus dealers, but Lexus of Bellevue (WA) IIRC was quite fancy inside. I even recall escalators.

I saw this video of another fancy Lexus dealer at
years ago. If I'm down in that area, I'll need to drop by for visit.

My Nissan dealership has a lot more amenities than my Mercedes dealership did. The latter literally only had bottled water and nice bathrooms, and that was about it.

I wouldn't worry about it. Eventually Teslas will drive themselves to be serviced whenever possible.

Sidebar - Stop by Paris and walk the Champs-Élysées. There are car dealer boutiques with cafes, gift shops, and samples of their wares. Tres chic. You can order cars there, but they are fashionable, comfy hangouts, often 2 stories.

I wonder if that approach would work in the US?

Sidebar - Stop by Paris and walk the Champs-Élysées. There are car dealer boutiques with cafes, gift shops, and samples of their wares. Tres chic. You can order cars there, but they are fashionable, comfy hangouts, often 2 stories.

I wonder if that approach would work in the US?
it probably wouldn't work here because if I am not mistaken those shops in paris are owned and operated by the manufacturers and here in the US many states prohibit direct sales by manufacturers.

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
If I remember correctly, when I brought my car in a few months ago for the 5k mile tire rotation, I only noticed coffee, bottled water and hard candy. I never snack while waiting for service even in past years when I had a BMW or Infiniti which really lays out some nice snacks and drinks. Never took of advantage of it.

The thing is, dealership service departments DO NOT want nor like customers who are waiters a majority of the time. So it is up to the individual setting up the appointment to set the proper expectation with the customer about not hanging around the dealership during service. Tesla provides loaner vehicles typically. Where the issue lies ultimately is that Tesla DID provide these snacks to customers and now does not. Had they not provided them to begin with, no issue. <- To call it an issue is drawing a much finer point on it than I believe it really qualifies for.

Now, as far as "cross" comparing OE's to Tesla... that's a more difficult proposition to figure out. That is to say, the core customer of Tesla right now is so broad that those who might "expect" snacks may be sharing service visits with those who have never had them in service. Again however, Lexus does lead the pack in that regard... no one else has the level of amenities across their dealership body as they do.

It is suprising to me, for example just how barren the majority of Bentley/Rolls Royce/Ferrari service department waiting rooms are vs. again Lexus or Infiniti and to some extent BMW/MBZ. In fact often times they don't even provide a loaner vehicle.

Should Tesla offer snacks? I would say yes, because it is good business. Will they continue to? Sounds like the answer so far is no...!

I do plan to get my next annual annual inspection (emissions test :p) at a Lexus dealership.
That works. Be prepared to correct their pricetag (for EV safety-only inspection). But on Saturday mornings, Lexus on the Southwest Freeway serves hot breakfast. I've done that both years and plan to continue the practice. Fun to have Tesla time with 2-5 service writers at check-in, too ;)