TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

No more Standard Headliner as of 5/21/2015

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Cyclone, May 22, 2015.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

2. Fiver

Fiver Member

So a feature of the premium interior package has become standard, yet the premium interior package is still $3,000. Seems like a price drop should be in order... Then again wasn't this thing $5k for a few days in April?

3. travwill

travwill Member

I have a bit of issue with the Premium Interior option anyway - everything in it should be standard IMHO in a car at this price point or lower even. But I of course ordered it :-/ Should see the price go down I'd say...

4. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I agree, but that's how Tesla makes its margins. And I reluctantly ordered it too.

5. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

Me too. I ordered it today. If the price goes down, do current orders get the revised pricing?

6. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

You can change it for free during the week before the order confirms.

After that, I've heard it's $500 until it goes in production, IIRC.

7. johnnyS

johnnyS Member

My classic model S from 2012 with the silver metallic paint, gray leather interior and lacewood just became more classic.

8. mike-415

mike-415 Member

German luxury cars that cost less than $135k also have premium leather and trim options. For an extended Napa leather treatment, you're pretty much always going to pay extra unless you buy an S600 or something in that class.

9. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Personally, I preferred the standard cloth headliner. Don't really care for the faux fur stuff myself.