TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

No more supercharging included with CPOs?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by yeti, Dec 31, 2016.

1. yeti

yeti Member

Looks like the (unlimited) supercharging feature as been removed from CPO cars? I didn't check every car, but even the newer P90Ds on the pre-owned site don't have that feature listed, so I'm guessing it's gone.

That is probably good news for private sellers who are looking to sell in the new year, but I wonder if Tesla is going to revoke unlimited supercharging if the car is sold to a new owner? Perhaps unlikely, but you never know.

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

Others have reported that even new cars ordered in December 2016 don't have it listed. So it could simply be they stopped listing it to avoid confusion as we enter 2017.

That said, some have also heard that only certain modes will have unlimited Supercharging and others have been told all cars sold, even CPOs, will have the 400 kWh/year free allowance.

At this point, it's a wait-and-see game.

3. JST

JST Active Member

My guess is that it's to avoid confusion. I suspect if you took delivery of a CPO car today it would still have unlimited supercharging. Tomorrow? Prob not.

4. hmmm

hmmm Member

According to this thread and the feedback from Tesla embedded in it, unlimited is based on production date, so CPOs produced before 2017 will/should have it even for cars sold by tesla, not just private transactions.

Supercharging will be grandfathered into used cars

• Informative x 2