TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No more Trade-Ins

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by tdevince, Jul 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. tdevince

tdevince Member

I was told a couple of days ago that Tesla is no longer accepting Roadsters for Trade In. You have to sell it on your own now.

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

It sounds like the CPO Roadsters are selling slowly, given recent price decreases and warranty increases. So they probably don't want any more of them!

3. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member

Seems kind of strange, considering how short of loaner cars they are.

4. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Damn I was waiting for trade-in Roadsters for the UK to come online once Model S were being delivered, not looking so good now. Pricing here quite steep for used Roadsters still.
    Dan43 UK

5. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I would imagine that their policy outside the USA could be very different. And with RHD, I highly doubt that would be the same policy.

Not saying they will trade, but saying they probably don't have a 'no trade in' policy on them either.

6. Dan43

Dan43 Member

And with RHD, I highly doubt that would be the same policy. Not saying they will trade, but saying they probably don't have a 'no trade in' policy on them either.

With the sales volume here for Roadsters also quite low perhaps they will trade a few to get sales motivated for this market? You never know.
    Dan43 UK