TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

No Muting During Turn-by-Turn???

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Chipper, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Prior to 5.8.10 my audio would always mute prior to turn-by-turn instructions. Since the upgrade it continues to play music without muting and the turn instructions are played at the same time making it nearly impossible to understand either the music or the instructions. Anyone else?

2. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Can't say, I always turn off the turn-by-turn voice because it's sooooo irritating. The pop-ups alone work just fine.

3. caddieo

caddieo Member

Ditto. Sometimes I turn off both. I love a quiet car.

4. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Hmm... I don't believe that my media audio ever completely muted while GPS guidance voice kicked in. It MAY have muted the front left speaker audio (or I could be confusing that with my Toyota), but no the entire thing... is that what you are referring to?

I note this because on several occasions I specifically changed the GPS volume because I was on a road trip with the music louder than usual, and I had to adjust the GPS as a result...

5. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

*this

It's supposed to quiet down the FL speaker but it often doesn't do it for the entire duration of the instructions. I now usually have it muted so I'm not affected by the bug.

6. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Thanks for the replies. My wife also informed me that it has never muted completely--not like it does for a telephone conversation. (Gosh I hate it when she is right!!! :redface:)

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

For me, it has always lowered the volume a bit (annoying when playing audio books). I did turn it on recently when I was in a very unfamiliar area with a lot of "quick action" directions, and I did notice that it seemed to lower the volume a lot less. I like it that way honestly, since processing both (the book and the directions) isn't too hard.