TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

No name badges on the trunk lid ?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by timk225, Jul 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. timk225

timk225 Member

After reading the Motor Trend article and seeing photos, I realize that the Model 3 does not have Model 3 or 60 / 75 badges on the trunk, like EVERY Model S and X ever made.

HOW is this a good idea? How can Tesla justify this? Those badges are not more than a few bucks apiece at Tesla's cost!

This is unacceptable. It will be a small matter to go to the local Tesla Service Center with a ruler and measure up where the name badges are on a Model S, and finding "Model" and "75" badges on ebay should be no big deal, but finding a "3" that looks like a Tesla 3 might be tricky. That and some clear RTV silicone, and I will put my own Tesla badges on. Once again, doing their work for them, while still paying full price for the car...

• Disagree x 6
    • Funny x 1
  2. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

Mods should seriously look at this member's thread count and nature. It pollutes the forum to have an avalanche of silly gripe threads.

• Like x 4
  3. timk225

timk225 Member

Am I griping? Am I a troll? I am simply pointing out the things that I think Tesla is doing wrong, or could do better. Is it my fault that many mistakes have been made on their part?

Remember, Tesla left us in complete silence for nearly a year and a half and didn't tell us anything, we had plenty of time to presume the wrong things, but now we see how much of it was accurate. Now that we have solid information, I can complain about the legitimate problems with the 3.

They should hire me as a design consultant.

4. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

In my opinion, having no badges besides the Tesla logo is an awesome decision on many levels.

• Funny x 1
  5. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

honestly, this one was so absurd, I thought it was sarcasm.

• Like x 2
  6. Chargedmr2

Chargedmr2 Member

No badges = Awesome. Love it.

• Like x 1
  7. timk225

timk225 Member

The no badges besides the Tesla logo reminds me of the Transporter movies where they took off all the name badges except the BMW and Audi logos, across the 3 movies.

But I want my badges. People should be able to know what car just flew by them at illegal speeds on the local highways.

8. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

All they need to know is that it's a Tesla, 'nuff said

You can always take one off the Model S if you like. Or you can put on a Porsche logo and really confuse people.

• Like x 1
  9. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

It goes both ways.....now the idiots in V6 Mustangs won't know if they're messing with a $35K barebones or a PXXD-L at a stoplight.

• Like x 3
  10. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

It's in line with the overall Model 3 styling. Minimalist. Beautiful. Keeps the rear end design simple and elegant: just the Tesla "T".

You seem very agitated about a very small issue. That is a lot of repetitive punctuation in your thread title.

HAL: I honestly think you ought to calm down; take a stress pill and think things over.