Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No nation wide inventory search...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep seeing people talk about getting inventory cars... how do you find them? I am limited to a 200 mile search from the zip code I put in, no nation wide search option available (which makes no sense at all)... so how do you guys find inventory cars?

Keith

Only existing inventory for Model Y as of today.
23Jul2021.PNG

So how does this work? You find one and tell your SA about it and they see if they can allocate the car to you? Its crazy how these used car prices are so high.
Yea that's how it would work but you usually lose the $100 order fee from your original order. However, these inventory vehicles get snatched up so quick it's probably not worth it trying to get hold of your SA to do this.

Reactions: jpy1980
Thanks for the info. I'd rather wait for my brand new MYP rather than pay the same price for a used one!
It's starting to get interesting because I think lots of people would agree with you even when forced to wait the typical ~4-6 weeks for a Tesla compared to most ICE vehicles. Now that the wait for folks are stretching into ~5-6mo. for some people (based on some April orders I see that now have Oct. EDDs), I can almost understand the desperation.

Also, miles don't matter as much on EVs as ICE. I actually bought a used 2018 LR RWD in 2019 w/ 4,000mi. on it but I did get it for $10k less than new so that was an easy choice for me ;).

Reactions: cancoi