Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No navigation without connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My premium connectivity free trial has come to an end. I didn't extend the subscription because I don't really use any of the services requiring connectivity. However, I received an email from Tesla today and noticed that navigation won't be available without connectivity. Is this correct? Does this mean I cannot use navigation now? What about FSD which I have paid for? Will I require connectivity to work it as it will require navigation to get me from A to B?
connectivity.jpg

My premium connectivity free trial has come to an end. I didn't extend the subscription because I don't really use any of the services requiring connectivity. However, I received an email from Tesla today and noticed that navigation won't be available without connectivity. Is this correct? Does this mean I cannot use navigation now? What about FSD which I have paid for? Will I require connectivity to work it as it will require navigation to get me from A to B?View attachment 594689

It’s *probably* a mistake & Nav will probably work tomorrow...

However, I received an email from Tesla today and noticed that navigation won't be available without connectivity. Is this correct? Does this mean I cannot use navigation now? What about FSD which I have paid for? Will I require connectivity to work it as it will require

Yes, If correct, I wonder how navigate on autopilot is meant to work without the ability to navigate?

My premium connectivity finished last week (I also don't make £10/month worth of use of the various features) and I just nipped out, and nav is definitely still working, and the car isn't on wifi ATM.

Looking at my email, without diplaying the images, it does look hard to tell, but download the images and I get this:
upload_2020-10-2_21-10-12.png

I'll miss the traffic visualisation, but that's pretty much it.

My premium connectivity finished last week (I also don't make £10/month worth of use of the various features) and I just nipped out, and nav is definitely still working, and the car isn't on wifi ATM.

Looking at my email, without diplaying the images, it does look hard to tell, but download the images and I get this:
View attachment 594704

I'll miss the traffic visualisation, but that's pretty much it.
Ah, so it looks like they just got the alt text for the x / tick wrong in the email.