Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No new German SuperChargers due to "Ladesäulenverordnung"?

widodh

Model S 85 and 100D
Jan 23, 2011
Venlo, NL
I've seen that since Juni 2016 (Yes, 2016!) no new SuperCharger has been added in Germany. In 2016 Tesla was rapidly adding SuperChagers but has stalled since.

Could this be due to 'Ladesäulenverordnung': Ladesäulenverordnung – Wikipedia

It states in German:
Neben der Definition von Ladepunkten im Sinne der Verordnung ist ein zentraler Bestandteil die Vorgabe von genormten Stecker- und Kupplungssystemen nach DIN EN 62196 Teil 2 und Teil 3, in Form von Typ-2- und Combo-2-Steckern, für neu zu errichtende Ladestationen.

My German tells me that it tells that any new charger needs at least a CCS connector.

Any Germans here who can confirm this or shine some light on it?

Johann Koeber

May 1, 2012
Hersbruck, Germany
I have no special insight.

But my feeling is that Germany is basically covered with Superchargers. Much more than we deserve. Now the sales figures are increasing, so soon we might deserve what we have.

I do not think the Ladesäulenverordnung is being enforced at the moment.

Adm

Jun 7, 2010
The Netherlands
I am sure 50 kW fast chargers will be replaced by faster ones soon, so maybe they can pick some up some used ones for a bargain and add one to a SuC station. Just put a card on it with "temporarily out of order". Or they could charge €5,= per kWh just for the heck of it.

• Funny
Reactions: robertvg and mrElbe

widodh

Model S 85 and 100D
Jan 23, 2011
Venlo, NL
I have no special insight.

But my feeling is that Germany is basically covered with Superchargers. Much more than we deserve. Now the sales figures are increasing, so soon we might deserve what we have.

I do not think the Ladesäulenverordnung is being enforced at the moment.
That could be a good explanation, I just thought it's rather weird that it suddenly stopped.

It's covered well, but there are still gaps, so that's what made me wonder.

Anton Tonchev

Feb 2, 2018
Bad Tölz, Germany
Es gibt eine Petition, die kürzlich auf der Website des Deutschen Bundestages erschien. Es geht darum, die Beschränkungen für den Bau von Tesla Landesnetzwerk (Superchargers) in Deutschland zu beseitigen. Die Nummer der Petition ist 76010. Wir können es ändern!

Hier ist der direkte Link zu der Petition:

Petitionen: Verwendung von Cookies nicht aktiviert
Sorry here is translation in English:

There is a petition that recently appeared on the website of the German Bundestag. The point is to remove the restrictions on the construction of Tesla Landnetz (Superchargers) in Germany. The petition number is 76010. We can change it!

Here is the direct link to the petition:

Petitionen: Verwendung von Cookies nicht aktiviert

Johann Koeber

May 1, 2012
Hersbruck, Germany
Aug 15, 2016
Central Europe
I haven't read the details about that "Ladesäulenverordnung" but isn't it irrelevant for Tesla since their charging stations are all on private property?

It isn't a publicly accessible charging network but for Tesla vehicles only. How can the state interfere with that?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC