TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No new German SuperChargers due to "Ladesäulenverordnung"?

Discussion in 'Europe -' started by widodh, Dec 14, 2017.

1. widodh

widodh Model S 85 and 100D

I've seen that since Juni 2016 (Yes, 2016!) no new SuperCharger has been added in Germany. In 2016 Tesla was rapidly adding SuperChagers but has stalled since.

Could this be due to 'Ladesäulenverordnung': Ladesäulenverordnung – Wikipedia

It states in German:
    My German tells me that it tells that any new charger needs at least a CCS connector.

Any Germans here who can confirm this or shine some light on it?

2. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Active Member

I have no special insight.

But my feeling is that Germany is basically covered with Superchargers. Much more than we deserve. Now the sales figures are increasing, so soon we might deserve what we have.

I do not think the Ladesäulenverordnung is being enforced at the moment.

3. Adm

Adm Active Member

I am sure 50 kW fast chargers will be replaced by faster ones soon, so maybe they can pick some up some used ones for a bargain and add one to a SuC station. Just put a card on it with "temporarily out of order". Or they could charge €5,= per kWh just for the heck of it.

• Funny x 2
  4. widodh

widodh Model S 85 and 100D

That could be a good explanation, I just thought it's rather weird that it suddenly stopped.

It's covered well, but there are still gaps, so that's what made me wonder.

5. CL600

CL600 Member

The EU has criticised the Ladesäulenverordnung beause it is not technology neutral: CHAdeMO and Tesla charging points are enforced to add a CSS connector, but in reverse CSS charging points do not require CHAdeMO or Tesla adapters. So the Ladesäulenverordnung was halted.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

It's possible that Tesla rushed to blanket the country before the restriction came into effect? So it's not just that it was a sudden stop, but an intentionally speedy schedule?

7. Anton Tonchev

Anton Tonchev New Member

Es gibt eine Petition, die kürzlich auf der Website des Deutschen Bundestages erschien. Es geht darum, die Beschränkungen für den Bau von Tesla Landesnetzwerk (Superchargers) in Deutschland zu beseitigen. Die Nummer der Petition ist 76010. Wir können es ändern!

Hier ist der direkte Link zu der Petition:

Petitionen: Verwendung von Cookies nicht aktiviert

8. Anton Tonchev

Anton Tonchev New Member

Sorry here is translation in English:

There is a petition that recently appeared on the website of the German Bundestag. The point is to remove the restrictions on the construction of Tesla Landnetz (Superchargers) in Germany. The petition number is 76010. We can change it!

Here is the direct link to the petition:

Petitionen: Verwendung von Cookies nicht aktiviert

9. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Active Member

signed

10. Tesl@ Bargain

I haven't read the details about that "Ladesäulenverordnung" but isn't it irrelevant for Tesla since their charging stations are all on private property?

It isn't a publicly accessible charging network but for Tesla vehicles only. How can the state interfere with that?

11. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I noticed in the BE/NL forum that Beelitz supercharger in Germany is open:

Tesla Supercharger netwerk

Google translate tells me there is no gate/fence yet, there is a sign which translated says "Only accessible to Tesla drivers during the charging process"

12. Siggy

Siggy Member