Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Official word from Tesla:

So with the NY state closure (mainly the DMV) we are not able to do any NY state deliveries. We are monitoring everything very closely and trying to do our best to get customers cars as soon as possible.​

And NY, particularly NYC, is hit especially bad by the pandemic, so I don't expect that reopening the DMV will be a high priority. People are dying, and here I am selfishly wanting my hot new toy.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Official word from Tesla:

So with the NY state closure (mainly the DMV) we are not able to do any NY state deliveries. We are monitoring everything very closely and trying to do our best to get customers cars as soon as possible.​

And NY, particularly NYC, is hit especially bad by the pandemic, so I don't expect that reopening the DMV will be a high priority. People are dying, and here I am selfishly wanting my hot new toy.
yeah, i probably have a vehicle sitting in manhasset right now. and i'm a bit skeptical on whether it's a dmv issue. i'm using existing plates. dealers have authority to issue 30 day temporary registrations and then they get processed in bulk. and they have plates to issue the same way. still, i can't blame them. i don't want the virus either, and if this is the worst thing that happens to me from this whole mess, i will remain the luckiest man on the planet.

Reactions: Electric Steve
I picked mine up on Sunday, was a bit surprised they got it done. Kinda upset that I didn’t get the performance model - looks a lot better in person. I wasn’t the only person picking up the MY.
yeah i suspect i got thrown under a bus for a couple of months. fine, let them put all the money except the initial $2500 back in MY account for now.

Yesterday...I was supposed to pick up mine tomorrow from Mt, Kisco and got screwed as well. NY is the worst hit state...probably won't see this car for months even though its sitting on the lot...
in my case, the VIN is gone from my order page (still in the contract, but that's a pdf) so pretty sure they gave my car to someone else and now i will have to wait again. i wouldn't mind but they have all the money. with what's going on, i think they need to give me back the big final payment until they actually can deliver

in my case, the VIN is gone from my order page (still in the contract, but that's a pdf) so pretty sure they gave my car to someone else and now i will have to wait again. i wouldn't mind but they have all the money. with what's going on, i think they need to give me back the big final payment until they actually can deliver
My VIN also was removed but worked with my Pa rep and got it put back in plus got the delivery moved to Md. picking up tomorrow.

Yesterday...I was supposed to pick up mine tomorrow from Mt, Kisco and got screwed as well. NY is the worst hit state...probably won't see this car for months even though its sitting on the lot...

Keep in mind N.Y. is also the best tested location anywhere right now. They might not be the worst, just the most accurate.

The whole country should be in lock down. The Longer you wait the longer it’s gonna take to recover and more lives lost.

My VIN also was removed but worked with my Pa rep and got it put back in plus got the delivery moved to Md. picking up tomorrow.
I was told that if I wanted to car to be delivered to me from another state, it would cost something like $2k to $5k. Passed on that.

To be frank, I'm not particularly happy with Tesla right now. No, they're not responsible for the consequences of the pandemic, but they've pretty much left me to stew in ignorance.

My car is sitting at Mt Kisco right now. Was delivered there Sunday at some point. Got an email from Tesla Monday saying that it will likely take two weeks for the car to be delivered (I opted for a home delivery since day one, but the car has to go to Mt Kisco first for tags and inspection etc, then they ship it to me, 386miles west).

My VIN is also gone, but the MVPA is still there with the VIN on it. I already have insurance cards from Progressive for the car I don’t have yet. Might as well cancel the insurance. Have a bank check with the balance owed to Tesla sitting at home also. Oh well.

I was told that if I wanted to car to be delivered to me from another state, it would cost something like $2k to $5k. Passed on that.

To be frank, I'm not particularly happy with Tesla right now. No, they're not responsible for the consequences of the pandemic, but they've pretty much left me to stew in ignorance.
totally agree. if you could see the texts i sent to my delivery advisor when he finally got in touch, i definitely mentioned lack of transparency and communication several times.

totally agree. if you could see the texts i sent to my delivery advisor when he finally got in touch, i definitely mentioned lack of transparency and communication several times.

They have the ability to deliver with home deliveries...stores are still staffed I called Mt Kisco today, tesla HQ just has not given them the go ahead to start doing alternative deliveries. Service/Logistics is essential...just like Amazon can deliver your stupid toy still, Tesla should be able to deliver our 70k toys :p

They have the ability to deliver with home deliveries...stores are still staffed I called Mt Kisco today, tesla HQ just has not given them the go ahead to start doing alternative deliveries. Service/Logistics is essential...just like Amazon can deliver your stupid toy still, Tesla should be able to deliver our 70k toys :p
indeed. but the fact is they gave my car to someone else. it was just confirmed by the fact that they agreed to give me back my final payment because they have no idea when they will be able to deliver a vehicle. not sure i want to deal with this company