Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No option to purchase EAP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted a couple days ago about purchasing a MS70D that was advertised to have AP. About 20 hours into the drive home I realized that it didn't and was told some BS from the dealer when I asked about it. I have a lawyer that feels confident in pursuing financial reimbursement for the missing feature and my local Tesla SC is backing me up. With all of that said however, I have no option to purchase AP anywhere in my account now that I my car is registered with Tesla. It looks like some of these things happened around the time of the AP trial in the fall, but I haven't seen anyone else with my issue since.

To those of you who don't have EAP, does your account still give you the option to pay for the upgrade? If so, how much does it cost?

p.s. sometimes my local SC is as clueless as I am with some of these questions.

Call the 800 support number and start there.

Quick semantics note, you will never be able to purchase "EAP", or "Enhanced Auto Pilot". That was introduced with the second hardware revision in 2016. Your car has the original version of the Autopilot hardware - the software enabled features you're seeking are generally called "Autopilot Convenience Features". As I recall the after-purchase upgrade price is either $3500 or $4000.

Call the 800 support number and start there.

Quick semantics note, you will never be able to purchase "EAP", or "Enhanced Auto Pilot". That was introduced with the second hardware revision in 2016. Your car has the original version of the Autopilot hardware - the software enabled features you're seeking are generally called "Autopilot Convenience Features". As I recall the after-purchase upgrade price is either $3500 or $4000.

Thanks for that. With a car that has updates so often, it's hard to get clear answers... even from those at Tesla.

Reactions: ucmndd