Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No owner’s manual...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
Every page I try to reach in the manual comes back with this screen...

Thoughts on what I can do here?

This happens all the time. Occasionally it's due to LTE connectivity, but most of the time it's just broken! (For me I have strong WiFi in the garage and LTE is fine but frequently it's broken.)

In addition, the backup camera also just blacks out occasionally. Happened to me this morning, so I rebooted while driving (specifically says not to do this in the Owner's Manual, BTW...since you can't read it I thought I would clarify!)

In my case, both issues have been able to be resolved with a reboot. The backup camera issue is more problematic of course. I have not checked for the presence of a manual since 46.2 update, though - so it's possible it's now just unavailable.

I would recommend downloading a PDF copy of the manual and keeping it on your phone & computer. However, it does get updated frequently by Tesla, so a link might be a good idea too/instead. The last update date is on the bottom of the last page (Currently November 12th, 2018). It's kind of long, but I actually learned a few things by reading it. You could print out all 180 pages and put it in the bathroom.

https://www.tesla.com/content/dam/tesla/Ownership/Own/Model 3 Owners Manual.pdf

I had the camera go off recently for the first time in weeks. I had to re-format as usual. I also had a no-audio situation that required turning car off. You can screen reboot even while EAP is on. Browser has been working better, however. Welcome to computer cars.

Experienced the same issue, while showing the car to someone else who was about to pull the trigger ordering one. Display showed 3 LTE bars, but browser wasn't working either (usually does). Hopefully Tesla stores the manual offline, and this was just a glitch.