TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No P100D for me -- won't remove Ludicrous

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Bet TSLA, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Member

I'm looking to upgrade my P85 Model S with AP 1.0. What I really want is a 100D, but that isn't available yet. So I was hoping I could get a P100D out of inventory with Ludicrous deleted, as the full thing busts my budget. I found one with everything I wanted (there's lots of P100D inventory to choose from), local, and with low miles and a good discount (as it was a test drive car). Great! It even has ventilated seats which I now can't order.

But the removal of Ludicrous and the resulting $10K price reduction was denied somewhere higher up in the management chain (regional level?). Unfortunate. I know some people here have mentioned this being done for them, but I now get the impression that it was only an "end of quarter sales push" sort of thing.

As I desire the free supercharging (not really for any good reason), I put in my order for a 90D. With any luck the 100D option will become available while I can still change things. And maybe the ventilated seats issue will get sorted out.

2. HumanGenome

HumanGenome Member

It's probably because the demand is overwhelming for the P100D.

Why sell one for $10k less when you could wait on it for a few days and someone will pay for the upgrade?

If I were in your shoes I'd wait a few weeks for the 100D.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Interesting, I picked up an inventory P100D and had them add Ludicrous. There were a number of available inventory new P100D choices that didn't have Ludicrous at the end of December when they went looking in the system by my request.

• Informative x 1
  4. Bet TSLA

Bet TSLA Member

Well, looks like I'm out of luck on this too. The 100D option is now available, but they won't let me upgrade my order. So I canceled it. I imagine if I wait long enough that a P100D CPO with free supercharging will become available within my budget. Or maybe they'll change their policy. Any of several changes of policy would work for me:
    - a 100D with free supercharging upgrade allowed
    - going back to prepaid "free" supercharging, so I could pay up front
    - allowing removal of Ludicrous mode from a P100D

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Something to consider mailing Tesla...

"Can I prepay 10000 kWh of charging?" That's 100+ supercharger trips. Even at the most expensive rate (22c I think), you're talking less than $3k.

The response might be interesting and might motivate Tesla to consider those that want the "not tracking it" vibe.