TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

No "P85+" logo on main screen or dashboard, just "P85"

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by HankLloydRight, Feb 23, 2014.

1. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Simple question -- I just took delivery of a P85+ "inventory" car which has P85+ badging on the rear, as well as (I assume) all of the + features, including the 21" rims. The original sticker also indicates that this car has the Performance Plus package.

But when I bring up the "Tesla Info" screen by tapping the Tesla "T" on the main screen, or the driver's dashboard, it only displays "P85" without the "+".

I know this is a really minor point, but is this by design, or can TM tweak the interface to show the proper badging in the user interface?

thanks.

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

My loose recollection is that some of the screens don't display the + logo. Hopefully some Plus owners can chime in.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Trying calling your service center or ownership. They can likely remote in and update it.

4. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

+1. mine does not display also.

5. SarahsDad

SarahsDad Member

Just P85 on mine. But if you press and hold right over the "P85" on the screen for 10 seconds you'll see a photo of the Tesla employees who built your car...

6. Kraken

Kraken Member

Just to clarify, we all get the same phot, right?

Also, my p85+ just says p85.... I think that none say p85+ on that screen

7. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Ok, thanks everyone. just wanted to be sure my system was "normal". But if it *could* say P85+, that would be cool.

8. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Sounds like they haven't gotten around to it yet. I'd still let someone at Tesla know. Good luck.

9. Reed

Reed Member

#9 Reed, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    Mine has the P85+ on the About Screen and the Instrument Cluster (see below). Note, I still have FW v5.6. Maybe there was a bug in later versions that removed it. Hope it comes back in v6.0 so I don't lose it when I upgrade.

Attached Files:

10. simplesolar

simplesolar Member

I remember having it before the 5.6 update as well, but oh wellz doesn't bother me too much.

11. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Alright! I think we've confirmed it's a bug. Pretty minor one, but I'll email ownership about it tomorrow. I want my +!!!

12. pimp-boy

pimp-boy Member

It should show the "+" both on the dash (before you put your foot on the brake), and after you tap the tesla symbol on the 17" screen. Had it both on v5.6 and v5.8.

13. Kraken

Kraken Member

What?! Strange. I definitely have no +.... I'm on v5.8.4. I jumped from v4.5. The only place it says + is on the back and the support documents for how to care for the p85+ (no tire rotations....etc.)

14. zwede

zwede 2013 P85+

I also have an inventory P85+ (July build) that only displayed "P85". I mentioned it when I had the car at the SC for some other stuff. They were not able to fix it with their equipment so they contacted Tesla HQ who did a remote fix. It now displayes "P85+" on both the center and gauge screen. I don't know if you even need to take the car in, might be enough to call service and they could do it OTA.

15. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Thanks. My inventory car is also July build.

16. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I have one of the first P85+ builds. My display just says "P85". My guess is they added the + icons later and never fixed the cars that were produced before the change.

17. ccbldg

ccbldg Member

I can confirm that it's an easy service center fix.

18. adamcb

adamcb Member

I just took delivery of mine this weekend and have the same issue. Thanks for the info.

Adam

19. redi

redi 2013 P85+ with HumanPilot Technology

I don't recall ever seeing a + on any screen on mine. Always thought it was an oversight that should be fixed.

20. Pollux

Pollux Member

Mine said P85+ at delivery. "Downgraded" to P85 during one of the updates in the late fall. Service Center said they couldn't fix and that I need to follow up with HQ/Ownership, which I've never gotten around to doing. I guess at this point I'll wait for 6.0 and if it's still broken then complain to HQ/Ownership.