TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No panic button?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by Brother T, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Brother T

Brother T Stealth Performance

How does one invoke a panic function (honking and flashing lights) like one would by pressing the red button on the key fob of other cars?

Also, it snowed and frosted today and I noticed there is no way to heat the LED headlight lens. Does Model 3 have a heat element that defrosts the headlight lens from being frosted which reduces visibility at night?

Attached Files:

2. rincewind

rincewind Member

"Also, it snowed and frosted today and I noticed there is no way to heat the LED headlight lens. Does Model 3 have a heat element that defrosts the headlight lens from being frosted which reduces visibility at night?".

Nope. I don't think it has a panic function either - at least I've not found it.

3. Vecii

Vecii Member

There is a honk and flash lights button under the controls section in the app.

The LED lights don't have heaters.

4. Brother T

Brother T Stealth Performance

There are two separate buttons on the app for flash and honk and they both only beep/flash once. I was hoping for a button or quick launch shortcut that would activate panic function to keep beeping and honking at the mothaf** that is trying to invade my space.

5. Big Earl

Big Earl bnkwupt

panic function does not exist.

6. eevee-fan

eevee-fan Active Member

Future models will have lasers to zap the ice off your windshield, light cover, and also a high powered laser to vaporize incoming coal rolling trucks. ;)

• Funny x 1
  7. Kevy Baby

Kevy Baby Dis-Member

This is a whole level of cold that makes me a little less disturbed by the ridiculous cost of living in Southern California.

My sympathies for your weather challenges.

• Like x 1