Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Parcel Shelf or Storage Cover Received at Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery on my Plaid a few weeks ago and the car didn't have a parcel shelf or the trunk storage cover. The DS stated that they were on back order and service would contact me when they have arrived.

Now, seeing that this is Tesla that I'm dealing with I don't have a high level of confidence that this will automatically happen so I wanted to reach out to someone at Tesla to validate or obtain my missing pieces. Anyone know how I go about doing this?

Several others had this same problem, and others have it but weren't told there were missing pieces. Probably has to do with supply chain disruption. You should get it eventually. Do you have the missing pieces in writing from Tesla? Even then, they should have a record of Teslas sold without these parts. Probably Ok. You could open up a service ticket in the App for the missing parts. That would both document it and they will keep the ticket open until the parts are delivered, sending you emails of the parts status.

Several others had this same problem, and others have it but weren't told there were missing pieces. Probably has to do with supply chain disruption. You should get it eventually. Do you have the missing pieces in writing from Tesla? Even then, they should have a record of Teslas sold without these parts. Probably Ok. You could open up a service ticket in the App for the missing parts. That would both document it and they will keep the ticket open until the parts are delivered, sending you emails of the parts status.
The DS is aware as she's the one who told me they were on backorder when I pointed out the missing pieces. I think I will just open a service ticket in the app as you suggested.

Thx!

I wonder what's going on. I had my MS delivered 1.5 weeks ago. It was supposed to be an early delivery but it was delayed a few hours... the guy said he waited for a delivery of parts so my car would come with everything... and it did!
Floor mats, storage cover, small storage cover in trunk (left), parcel shelf.

Reactions: theslimshadyist
I noted no shelf when I picked up my car and they said they would mail it. Today I just received a text message that said my shelf has arrived and they’ve scheduled the next avail appointment for me to pick it up. I thought they were going to mail them though? It’s like a 45 min drive to pick this thing up. Should I push them to mail it? Anyone else have it mailed?

I had everything on delivery of my MSLR a couple of weeks back. They for some reason put an extra set of mats
in the Frunk too. The quality of the mats is pretty medicore so i'm sure I'll replace them after a bit. Almost makes
up for received a filthy 100k new car!

Picked up my S LR yesterday. The young man given the job of delivery was not well trained. It took forever to get the car unlocked, I was on my way shortly afterwards. I was quite unimpressed with the delivery process this time. I guess this is to be expected as the company matures?

When I got home, I found that they parcel shelf was missing. I put is a service request to pick it up locally.

OBTW: for those who know the Buena Park, the steep ramp to exit the property remains too steep for the Model S to transit without scraping the front air scoop. New to this model, I was unable to raise the nose.....and I violently dragged the nose of a brand new, $100K car on the asphalt.

• Informative
Reactions: Chris Redfield