Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No park assist with update 2021.4.16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just downloaded this update this afternoon and since then my park assist has not worked no warnings at all. I checked all settings and can’t se anything changed. Has this update disable park assist for anyone else?

During the last update - not this round - I experienced the same issue. It was root caused to a failed sensor in front.

Prior to booking the service, I rebooted multiple times, performed a power down, cleaned all sensors, nothing helped. My recommendation would be the following

Book a mobile appointment with Tesla & they can diagnose & fix quickly. The tech that came out and got it fixed in 20 minutes, even performed a complimentary inspection. I had a quick video on this @

Goodluck

Thanks for the help. I got in this morning and all is working and has been for a few drives. I have a mobile appointment tomorrow will ask them about it.thanks all for responding I get a lot from our forum.
FYi. Not uncommon for certain weird software related things to occur that a steering wheel button reboot wont fix. Letting the car go to sleep overnight has fixed many a random bug on mine.

I just downloaded this update this afternoon and since then my park assist has not worked no warnings at all. I checked all settings and can’t se anything changed. Has this update disable park assist for anyone else?

Does park assist actually work for some of you? I gave up on it a long time ago. It never sees spots in a parking lot that are obvious and should be sensed, and at times it suggests a parking spot if I'm in a drive thru or at a traffic intersection. The software for that seems poorly written, or the sensors are not well suited for parking. Even when I got it to find a spot when I was testing it out, I stopped it because it seemed like it was backing in too fast, and I feared I'd hit a car. I don't trust it.

I've only seen the 'Park Assist' icon once on MY for a parallel spot and when I activated it, it entered too fast for my liking and I canceled the operation for fear of potential curb rash!

MY has never spotted a 'back in' spot between two cars, but then again, I do not park next to other cars when I can avoid it so the 'Park Assist' feature is not missed in my driving world!

Last edited:
Reactions: mcirish
I have to parallel park quite often and have only seen the park assist icon come up once when i was already half way into the spot, but it quickly vanished and I could not get it to come back. Not sure that i would trust it, but it is quite annoying that it doesn’t even recognize parking spots.

You have to pull ahead of the parking spot. It usually wont come up on the screen if you arent far enough forward. I've used it maybe 3 times this year, and while it makes me nervous (curb rash), it's parked the car perfectly each time with no curbing

Reactions: KurtSanders
Does park assist actually work for some of you? I gave up on it a long time ago. It never sees spots in a parking lot that are obvious and should be sensed, and at times it suggests a parking spot if I'm in a drive thru or at a traffic intersection. The software for that seems poorly written, or the sensors are not well suited for parking. Even when I got it to find a spot when I was testing it out, I stopped it because it seemed like it was backing in too fast, and I feared I'd hit a car. I don't trust it.

The manual states that Autopark works on public streets. I got it to work one time when I actively trying to test it. Don't often park on the street now a days.
Never have been able to get it to work in a general parking lot or super charger space.

Also be aware that Tesla has both an "Autopark" feature and a "Summon to Park" feature. These are suppose to function without any help. Then there are "park assist" features which help keep you aware of surrounding objects. This may soon be supplemented with a birds-eye visualization.

Last edited:
The manual states that Autopark works on public streets. I got it to work one time when I actively trying to test it. Don't often park on the street now a days.
Never have been able to get it to work in a general parking lot or super charger space.

Also be aware that Tesla has both an "Autopark" feature and a "Summon to Park" feature. These are suppose to function without any help. Then there are "park assist" features which help keep you aware of surrounding objects. This may soon be supplemented with a birds-eye visualization.
Summon to park??

Rebooting this thread, as I'm having the opposite problem - my Park Assist (not to be confused with FSD's Autopark) seems to come on randomly. See the pic of me with my car in the driveway with the chime ringing and the warning on the screen). This was also happening frequently when I was in heavy stop-and-go traffic around Yankee Stadium Friday night. I could kind of understand the latter causing it to go off (but shouldn't that have been Obstacle Awareness?) but not sitting in my driveway. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1082.jpg
    IMG_1082.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 80