Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No picture of check from 3rd party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo…. Delivery set for tomorrow @ 2. Got a email today about having a picture of check and tracking number. I had mentioned it to my bank last week but he said check was already in the mail, figured oh well it will get there in time. Called tesla today, nope no check yet. Called my bank, they sent it last Friday.. snail mail!!! 60k check and they didn’t even send it priority!! Wtf?!?? I have copies of loan agreement, the loan shows up on my online banking, and a copy of the teller receipt with check number and amount. How screwed am I?

Sooo…. Delivery set for tomorrow @ 2. Got a email today about having a picture of check and tracking number. I had mentioned it to my bank last week but he said check was already in the mail, figured oh well it will get there in time. Called tesla today, nope no check yet. Called my bank, they sent it last Friday.. snail mail!!! 60k check and they didn’t even send it priority!! Wtf?!?? I have copies of loan agreement, the loan shows up on my online banking, and a copy of the teller receipt with check number and amount. How screwed am I?

WTH? You could have paid by ACH or wire via the app. You also could have brought a cashier's check in on the day of delivery (what I did in '18).

You might get lucky if they call your bank. Or your delivery might get pushed back a few days.

WTH? You could have paid by ACH or wire via the app. You also could have brought a cashier's check in on the day of delivery (what I did in '18).

You might get lucky if they call your bank. Or your delivery might get pushed back a few days.
Right?!?! That’s what I said!! Why didn’t you just ach transfer it? Why didn’t you send it priority mail with a tracking number?

I had asked for a cashiers check that I could hand in On delivery in case I show up and there are issues with the car. Nope wouldn’t do it!

Oh this has been a fun ride!!!!!

All financial institutions operate differently, so not much you can do. One of my credit unions would mail me the check, then I had to mail it to Tesla. My other one FedEx over nights the check to Tesla directly with tracking and a picture of the check. Therefore, I went with the second option as it was smoother. Texas we have to pay before delivery, so can’t even bring a check on delivery day. Hope it works out for you.

My advice is have patience. I had wired money on a Friday for a Saturday pick-up. On the Saturday, they would not release the MYP because of “paperwork” delays doing an out of state registration and with a significant state sales tax difference.

The “delay” went on a few weeks and after multiple calls to the SC Manager, he accepted my request for a MY LR loaner for a week. It had the speed boost, so it was fun.
Just be patient.

Crazy times = delivery times