Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Pictures Required for Trade-ins in 2019?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went through the trade-in process and never provided any pictures. I just provided a VIN and mileage, maybe a few other questions, but never asked for pics. I received and accepted the offer, but I'm concerned they could try and change it at the last minute because of some somewhat minor scratches. Or maybe they just don't care and are happy to get me in a M3? Any thoughts/similar experiences?

Btw, ordered 3/4, but no VIN yet.

Tesla showroom never even looked at my trade in car. The price I was given for my trade was basic Mannheim auction price. When I took delivery of my car all they did was take the plates off my trade in took the mileage and put them on the new car.

Tesla showroom never even looked at my trade in car. The price I was given for my trade was basic Mannheim auction price. When I took delivery of my car all they did was take the plates off my trade in took the mileage and put them on the new car.

Is it normal in MA to take plates off your old car and put it on a new car? Did you also sign your pink slip and hand it over? I have never sold or traded in a car before.

Is it normal in MA to take plates off your old car and put it on a new car? Did you also sign your pink slip and hand it over? I have never sold or traded in a car before.

Plate transfer fee is cheaper than new plate fee.

However, in CA, Tesla refused to return / transfer my old plates to my new car saying that they only return / transfer old plates if they are personalized plates.

Thanks for the info about the CA license plates. My sales advisor apparently led me astray on that and told me I could (didn't ask if it was personalized plates). One less surprise on delivery day.

He also told me about the pictures for my trade in. So I went through the car wash bc it was pretty dirty from rain, took all the pictures I thought would be required. When I logged on to get the offer it never asked for pictures. Oh well.

I went through the trade-in process and never provided any pictures. I just provided a VIN and mileage, maybe a few other questions, but never asked for pics. I received and accepted the offer, but I'm concerned they could try and change it at the last minute because of some somewhat minor scratches. Or maybe they just don't care and are happy to get me in a M3? Any thoughts/similar experiences?

Btw, ordered 3/4, but no VIN yet.

I keep getting an error when trying to enter the VIN saying its not an accurate VIN. I have verified on my insurance and car payment site. I cant get past that piece. Did you or anyone else have that problem?

Required no pictures for my tradein quote.

However, it was a pretty crappy offer. I've 'accepted' for now, but when they finally get around to giving me a VIN and delivery date I plan to get Carvana/Vroom/Carmax quotes.