Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No pre-conditioning if already fully charged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off my apologies if this has been covered already - I have searched the site but cannot find the answer.

I have a 2021 Model 3 Long Range - current software is 2022.44.25.3 and I live in the UK

My Schedule is Precondition 6:15am Weekdays and Off-Peak All week with an end time of 7:00am (with a start at midnight but app doesn't know that)

As my Tesla is a company car and I only use it for work during the week - I have the use of a conventional car for private use - it makes messing about with the taxman re private mileage a lot easier!

On Saturday morning my Tesla is charged back up to my usual starting amount of 80% - I leave it plugged in but do not have Sentry Mode or other 'standby' modes enabled so come Sunday and Monday morning no charge has been required.

On Monday morning my climate has NOT been preconditioned and I have - at the moment - a cold car. It works fine Tuesday through Friday - usually....

I thought this was maybe a quirk of Mondays but this last week I was away on Thursday and the Tesla was left plugged in, come Friday morning, when no charge had been required - the climate had again not been preconditioned.

I noticed this a while back and thought it has gone away with updates but it seems back

Any thoughts?

Thanks R.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj