Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Priority for early orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In looking at the order tracker spreadsheet, it appears many people that have received notice of imminent shipping placed their order as recently as late Jan or even Feb, 2020. This seems like a bad precedent for Tesla. Why order a car when first announced if it doesn't give you priority on shipment? And those being contacted are not just in California, they are spread across the US.

Hey Astro from Houston... They made a mistake, that is my car they are shipping to you! ;) He is getting the car I ordered and he ordered it in Jan, 2020 (assuming the spreadsheet is to be believed).

I ordered a Silver, Performance Y with FSD and 19" wheels in June, 2019. We have previously purchased a Model S (in 2013) and a Model X (2016). We live in the Seattle area. So far from Tesla, crickets...

When you make the best cars available today, I guess you can call all the shots and still sell them as fast as you can make them. But a little love for early adopters would be nice...

In looking at the order tracker spreadsheet, it appears many people that have received notice of imminent shipping placed their order as recently as late Jan or even Feb, 2020. This seems like a bad precedent for Tesla. Why order a car when first announced if it doesn't give you priority on shipment? And those being contacted are not just in California, they are spread across the US.

Hey Astro from Houston... They made a mistake, that is my car they are shipping to you! ;) He is getting the car I ordered and he ordered it in Jan, 2020 (assuming the spreadsheet is to be believed).

I ordered a Silver, Performance Y with FSD and 19" wheels in June, 2019. We have previously purchased a Model S (in 2013) and a Model X (2016). We live in the Seattle area. So far from Tesla, crickets...

When you make the best cars available today, I guess you can call all the shots and still sell them as fast as you can make them. But a little love for early adopters would be nice...

Did you order white interior? Those are delayed. Also looks like you changed your order at some point to downgrade to 19" wheels? The spreadsheet defaults to 19" wheels so if someone didn't select that they got the 21" with the performance package, it could be decieving. They are taking order/reservation number to consideration but there are lots of logistics to consider at the same time which also play a factor.

If you ordered early (around reveal date), you got a $2000 discount on FSD I think.

Also, they're not making white interiors yet (assuming that's why you haven't been invited to order yet), but once they do, you'll be farther ahead in line than those who ordered later...

Reactions: preilly44
Did you order white interior? Those are delayed. Also looks like you changed your order at some point to downgrade to 19" wheels? The spreadsheet defaults to 19" wheels so if someone didn't select that they got the 21" with the performance package, it could be decieving. They are taking order/reservation number to consideration but there are lots of logistics to consider at the same time which also play a factor.

I ordered black interior, but I did change to 19" wheels. I prefer the look of the Uberturbine wheels but we hike a lot and the roads to trailheads around the northwest are often dirt with lots of potholes.

Just remember that when you preordered you were supposed to get your Y in Late 2020. I imagine you will be well ahead of that.

I'm in the opposite situation. Not ready to take delivery this early and was planning for later in 2020. Luckily there is a white interior delay. :p

Reactions: preilly44
If you ordered early (around reveal date), you got a $2000 discount on FSD I think.

Also, they're not making white interiors yet (assuming that's why you haven't been invited to order yet), but once they do, you'll be farther ahead in line than those who ordered later...

Last year you had to pay for auto pilot too. $3k + $5k so it’s actually less expensive now.

That’s odd, I placed my initial order in May 2, 2019 for RWD long range with black paint and 18” aero wheels with black interior and full self driving. I modified several times after the January changes going between performance with upgrade and without upgrade. I ended modifying my order for the last time on February 10, 2020 to the performance with white paint without the performance upgrade (19” wheels) black interior with full self driving.

I got my “Your Model Y is Coming Soon” email to confirm a March 15-31 delivery on February 25, 2020 at 10:35pm. I have not yet been assigned a VIN. I’m not using Tesla financing.

Maybe you’ll get it next month since you were a month after my order? Also I’m guessing the 19” wheel performance is going to be a unicorn or a weirdo car for weird people like us haha. Maybe that’s why there’s a bit of a wait.

I agree, it sucks that people that just heard of the Model Y, noticed the deposit was only $100, slapped in an order and boom, they get a delivery confirmation. They then get on this board and ask a whole bunch a questions that have been answered many many times by those of us that have been waiting impatiently for a really long time to hear our order is being processed. But nope. Tesla doesn't do it that way. So even the post above mine that hopes the date you placed your order matters even a little bit is a nice gesture. But now, that niceness is just salt in the open wound of my empty email box waiting for a Tesla notification from someone not trying to sell me solar.

It makes sense that they fill orders for the highest price cars first. Makes the quarter numbers for them. So those that ordered this year, after the price has gone up, actually may have priority right now... Of course, it would need to have the black interior as that’s how they batch production. This makes P’s and FSD’s top priority, no matter when you ordered. Getting the car after March means I can at least put off buying snow tires until fall.