Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Radio since 12.4!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

qdeathstar

Completely Serious
May 17, 2019
VB
Last week i got upgraded to v10 and tesla took my radio away and left me with streaming music instead! I can listen to podcasts, and even stream my radio station through tune in, but if i want to listen to my radio station on the radio the car just sits and spins. I’ve tried asking nicely, then threatening to hard reset the bitch, and ultimately succumbing to the need and following through with the threat. But, pushing the steering wheels eyes out till Gabriel looked away in disgust had no affect.

WHAT IS GOING ON!

Also, can i get something for free from tesla because of this. I’m thinking a performance model three is the least they can do?

• Disagree
Reactions: vickh and SteveD
I have the same problem. My wife listens to new radio everyday on her commute to work. Can't get the station anymore and station just spins like it is trying to connect. I'm getting this on regular music channels as well from time to time but not as bad as the radio which does not work at all. I will try the reset solution if they doesn't work, I will report back.

you could try setting up a service appointment? there have been one or two threads where the connection came loose. worth an ask. i don't get why people just bitch and complain instead of doing something about it.

Well, the tesla service center WAS two hours away, so it would be a major headache... Also, why not post on the forums to see if someone has any ideas before tying up resources. I’ll think i’ll just wait till the next update and see what happens. Or i guess i could jump off a bridge?

Well, the tesla service center WAS two hours away, so it would be a major headache... Also, why not post on the forums to see if someone has any ideas before tying up resources. I’ll think i’ll just wait till the next update and see what happens. Or i guess i could jump off a bridge?
frankly you paid for a vehicle with a warranty, you should be taking advantage of it. your post claims that your radio hasn't functioned for several software versions. unless you reach out to the manufacturer, how are you every going to fix it? sheer will?

if this was a widespread issue, a software update makes sense. you have an isolated issue, probably due to a loose connection or faulty unit.

i get the service center is an inconvenience for you, but that was the risk you took purchasing this car. i'm sure the service center would be happy to help in any way they can.

Yep. This happened to me. After multiple resets, took it in for service and they could not fix it. Said they needed to order a part (amplifier or something). I am hearing about more and more examples of this issue after the V10 update which makes me think it is a software issue.

Reactions: qdeathstar
I have had problems getting radio station for at least past year. Signal is interrupted every time I leave my garage, and randomly other times, whether I'm streaming radio or (supposedly?) connected to radio signal. Very often if I am streaming radio, the signal randomly is lost. I love my car, but I can't even get a radio station??!! Will try to reboot & see if issue resolved, but had been occurring long before this last upgrade.

I stopped using over-the-air radio a long time ago. I drive too far to stay within a FM signal’s zone. Cellphone internet streaming of radio stations is more consistent on the highway. My favorite radio station is Bob-FM. It’s syndicated, so I get it from Austin, TX while driving in Michigan on TuneIn in the Tesla. My local syndicated station is not as good at delivering a streaming signal. Good radio streaming stations seem to be from the major cities so I use those radio stations, Chicago, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Francisco, etc.

I have had problems getting radio station for at least past year. Signal is interrupted every time I leave my garage, and randomly other times, whether I'm streaming radio or (supposedly?) connected to radio signal. Very often if I am streaming radio, the signal randomly is lost. I love my car, but I can't even get a radio station??!! Will try to reboot & see if issue resolved, but had been occurring long before this last upgrade.

Same happens to me. I get it my car, radio turns on. Hit reverse, and as I'm backing out the radio drops. It's usually back up by the time I'm pulling away from my house. But it does this every time I back out of the garage I think.