Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Radio since 12.4!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla canceled my service appointment today and rescheduled for monday afternoon (which i changed to tuesday morning). They said they are waiting on a part that hasn’t come in yet. I wonder how they know which part they need????

Tesla canceled my service appointment today and rescheduled for monday afternoon (which i changed to tuesday morning). They said they are waiting on a part that hasn’t come in yet. I wonder how they know which part they need????
Could be they ran a remote diagnostics and found that your radio is not responding i.e. dead. Something similar happened to me. It ended up the mobile service cancelled my appt as well, called me and told me they had to order a part. I later foind out that when I tinted my rear window the tint people must've squeegeed water into the rear pillar where the radio is housed and shorted it out with the solution they use to tint. They replaced the radio modulator under warranty.

I previously reported that the radio is not working for local stations. It seems to be working now! I too had my windows tinted. Hope there will not be any problems in the future. I have had the car a little over a year now.

Same problem for me--radio doesn't want to play after the latest software update, just the lovely wheel that spins and spins on the screen. Double button reboot fixes it, for a while, but it keeps happening, and that's not a fun thing to do while driving. Each time it's happened is when I go from listening to podcasts or music on my phone back to radio. As others have said, seems like a software glitch.

I previously reported that the radio is not working for local stations. It seems to be working now! I too had my windows tinted. Hope there will not be any problems in the future. I have had the car a little over a year now.
unless the window tint is metallic based, i don't see how it would impact the antenna. the antenna is etched on to the glass and the tint overlays the antenna from the inside of the car. the antenna still has clear sight of the exterior.

i had two different RSX-Ss with tinted windows and each of them had the antenna etched on to the glass. not a single range issue.

I've got a different set of symptoms. It may be coincidence, but on 1/20 Tesla upgraded to HW3 processor.

The FM radio plays, but it does not tune using the favorites. It ignores any press of any of those; all streaming and TuneIn favorites work normally. Scroll wheel reset has no effect, other than causing a random FM station to be playing when the UI comes back up.

Service scheduled.