Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No recent VIN assignments?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well if Tesla offers you a very low VIN I would respectfully decline it and ask for a new production VIN and I would be willing to wait. I waited this long whats a few more weeks. Lets be honest All companies are guilty of reselling vehicles that were previously been rejected and dont properly disclose this practice.

If you dont believe me just read this lawsuit.

Tesla accused of knowingly selling defective vehicles in new lawsuit

Why would you believe something in a lawsuit before it's been proven? Fired employees are often encouraged by lawyers to sue their former company in the hopes of getting a quick payout to avoid bad exposure in the media. Tesla says the accusations are completely false. They've faced many lawsuits from fired employees over the last few years and I don't think any of them have been successful. They don't even go to court once they realize Tesla isn't going to just pay them off.

Reactions: Bimbels
Fair Enough. I just showed this particular litigation as an example to what may be going on. There are other sources in regards to this same subject matter. That was just one I grabbed. Buyer be ware, use common sense Not here to bash TESLA at all. Just trying to make sense of the low VIN assignments, when many buyers as waiting for VINs

Just got a call from my Tesla contact. Hope to get some paperwork started soon to pay for and deliver it.

I did ask about the relatively low VIN (49xx) that I was just assigned and he said it's normal - they reserve the VIN ranges in color/configuration batches. Take that for what it's worth. I'm not sure if that means it was recently built and just assigned an "older" VIN batch that corresponded to black/aero or if it was built some time ago and had to have some outstanding bulletins addressed before it was assigned to me.

Fair Enough. I just showed this particular litigation as an example to what may be going on. There are other sources in regards to this same subject matter. That was just one I grabbed. Buyer be ware, use common sense Not here to bash TESLA at all. Just trying to make sense of the low VIN assignments, when many buyers as waiting for VINs

I got a low VIN for my delivery time, a 2017 VIN later in January. The car has been perfect with no problems whatsoever, and even came with an Alcantara headliner. No complaints here.

Reactions: UkrHog
So today I got a call from Tesla (Nevada), don't really know what for. They told me that after I get VIN, I will need to get insurance. Okay? They also said to expect delivery in 4-6 weeks. It's been already four weeks: ordered 1/26, silver, 18" aero, CT, still no VIN. Sounds like another two weeks, at least. Anybody else got this kind of call?