Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No recent VIN assignments?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kind of interesting, from the invite spreadsheet, there were obviously 2 groups of VINs assigned today, lower numbers in the 6-7K range and numbers in the 9K range. (There are some outliers.) If you sort the table by VIN and then by VIN Assignement Date, you will see that most low VINs were 18" wheels and most high VINs were 19" wheels.

Kind of interesting, from the invite spreadsheet, there were obviously 2 groups of VINs assigned today, lower numbers in the 6-7K range and numbers in the 9K range. (There are some outliers.) If you sort the table by VIN and then by VIN Assignement Date, you will see that most low VINs were 18" wheels and most high VINs were 19" wheels.
so my WAG would be that the low VINs have been finished a while ago, just sitting waiting for a batch of 18" wheels, and the high VINs are fresh off the production line.

Reactions: RTPEV
So it looks like a larger batch of VINs went out and we may see more people reporting today. Clearly moving towards 10k now.

One of the cars around 97XX was reported from the service to be almost through production so its improving and we have 3 weeks to go for QE.

The highest I could find is from M3OC:

"Day 1 Reservation holder. At the time I made the reservation I was not a Tesla owner. In November I bought a Model S. I got an invite sometime in December but ordered 22-Feb-2018. I just got a VIN assigned a few minutes ago! Ordered Red Model 3 with Sport Wheels and EAP.VIN is 9808"

There is clearly something going on with the white paint... Rather it's coming up soon in the queue, and you just missed it when you ordered or they have a white paint issue.

I'm waiting on white paint as well but "only" ordered 2/15.
You You Xue (Model 3 road trip) showed a few pictures of his white paint being inconsistent on two different panels (rear bumper and rear fender). I am guessing that the white has something going on with it.

I can't find the specific posts about it, but here is one photo that shows what he meant. It was like this in all lighting conditions and visible in person, so it's not a shadow or anything. I'm guessing most people would rather the car take a few weeks longer than end up with this.

27504070_874504116054392_4104446662015086130_o.jpg

Could very well be the issue. I just wish Tesla would tell those with white cars on order that there is a production delay and if they pick another color, it'll get instant VIN assignment or something like that or they can wait. They'd likely never do that due to bad press but it'd be th right thing to do. I'd likely switch colors if I knew white was going to be delayed forever.

You You Xue (Model 3 road trip) showed a few pictures of his white paint being inconsistent on two different panels (rear bumper and rear fender). I am guessing that the white has something going on with it.

I can't find the specific posts about it, but here is one photo that shows what he meant. It was like this in all lighting conditions and visible in person, so it's not a shadow or anything. I'm guessing most people would rather the car take a few weeks longer than end up with this.

27504070_874504116054392_4104446662015086130_o.jpg

Last edited: