TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

No regen after tire replacement

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by jordanthompson, Jan 30, 2015.

1. jordanthompson

jordanthompson 2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683

I just replaced my rear tires (for the umpteenth time) and had a new experience: I replaced the Michelins (a little larger diameter than stock) with the stock AD08's. As I left the tire shop, I lost all regen and had a warning on the dash. It went away shortly after and regen started working again. When I had a chance, I found a stretch of road and retrained the car for the new tires and everything seems to be fine.
    It was just a major shock to coast when expecting to brake in heavy traffic.

2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

I know, still don't get use to it after a range mode charge and the initial driving off / braking.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Did you use the Learn Tire function? That should resolve it.

4. jordanthompson

jordanthompson 2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683

I did (this isn't my first rodeo) but this happened as I was pulling out of the tire shop (didn't have enough time or distance to even think about the learning function.) I only lost regen for 5-10 seconds, but I'd never experienced it after a tire replacement before. As was mentioned earlier, it's always a freaky feeling after a range charge, but I've learned to expect that and plan for it. Pulling into a Florida suicide lane is nerve wracking enough (especially with all of the snow birds down for the winter) I wasn't expecting to need to apply as much brake as I had to.

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Yeah watch out, a lot of those snow birds are from Montreal. They drive like the car is expendable...