Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No reminder to touch the wheel on Autopilot....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course none of the above really work and are not a permanent solution....only when u let can let go of the wheel can u really appreciate the true vision of autonomous driving

You mention "solution" and "workaround" .. so what is the problem you are trying to solve? You do realize the reminders to touch/hold the wheel are there for a reason, right?

If we are every going to have FSD Tesla’s such as Elon as promised, the car must be able to truly drive better than us. Having to standby with your hand on the wheel, it will never really be FSD. I have no rubber and water bottle for my permanent solution. I am going to share my info with TESLA first if possible since everybody will be following me in this workaround and that may not be good for various reasons. The first 50 miles in heavy freeway traffic i was terrified to let it take over without me touching the wheel at such a high speed of 80 mph but through time and more miles i really believe that Tesla is a better driver on the highways than us humans. It has never had to enter corrective steering to get back into the lane lines such as we all have experienced. The level of fatigue relief is truly amazing not having to constantly touch something that is doing just fine without it. I watch the road constantly and remain attentive to the scenario but not having to steer, brake or accelerate on long highway trips is really mind boggling. I was always doubting FSD for the future but not now...Elon is onto something that will make the highways safer.

Still need to be attentive...1000 Highway miles so far

oh boy, they going to attack you on here

I have an SR+ that does the same. Never nags to put hands on the wheel. I figure a sensor is unplugged or something.

go take it to Tesla service center tomorrow and get it fixed ASAP!!! the posters on this forum say you are endangering all our lives!!!!

Came up with a way to bypass constant reminder
please, do tell

Of course none of the above really work and are not a permanent solution....only when u let can let go of the wheel can u really appreciate the true vision of autonomous driving

what hack did you come up with....
and I need your support here lol:
Any hack to remove the autopilot nag?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
If we are every going to have FSD Tesla’s such as Elon as promised, the car must be able to truly drive better than us. Having to standby with your hand on the wheel, it will never really be FSD. I have no rubber and water bottle for my permanent solution. I am going to share my info with TESLA first if possible since everybody will be following me in this workaround and that may not be good for various reasons. The first 50 miles in heavy freeway traffic i was terrified to let it take over without me touching the wheel at such a high speed of 80 mph but through time and more miles i really believe that Tesla is a better driver on the highways than us humans. It has never had to enter corrective steering to get back into the lane lines such as we all have experienced. The level of fatigue relief is truly amazing not having to constantly touch something that is doing just fine without it. I watch the road constantly and remain attentive to the scenario but not having to steer, brake or accelerate on long highway trips is really mind boggling. I was always doubting FSD for the future but not now...Elon is onto something that will make the highways safer.
If you believe in it so much don’t ruin it.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110