Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No remote camera option in app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an iPhone and can’t make it work. I have enabled remote access in the car, but the app on my phone says I need to enable remote access.
Same here! Car was updated a week or two ago to the newest version and I updated my phone app as well to the new version, I enabled remote viewing from the car and then I go to the app and it's just a picture of a card key, no option to view sentry mode at all. I've got an iPhone. Did you ever figure out the issue?

Same here! Car was updated a week or two ago to the newest version and I updated my phone app as well to the new version, I enabled remote viewing from the car and then I go to the app and it's just a picture of a card key, no option to view sentry mode at all. I've got an iPhone. Did you ever figure out the issue?
Must enable remote viewing in the car.

Reactions: Lephturn
There are several steps, assuming you have 2021.38.6 installed on the car -

1) Enable remote viewing in the car (the release notes will tell you how)
2) Ensure you have the latest version of the app - 4.2.3-742
3) When you go into the app, go to Security and under Sentry Mode, make sure the slider is set to Enabled. So if you're at home, and you have Sentry Mode disabled for your home location, you need to enable it.
4) Under Sentry Mode, it should say View Live Camera in blue. Click that.

One other requirement is that your phone needs to be set up as a key for the car since the video is encrypted. If you just install the Tesla app on a mobile device but didn't set up as a key for your car, you will not be able to view the remote camera feeds.

I

I don’t even see the option in my car or iPhone anymore. It seems to have gone away. I’m so confused and annoyed.
From what I can tell, the requirements are:
- compatible software in your car
- compatible phone app
- premium connectivity on your car

If nothing else changed, did your premium connectivity expire? Also, sometimes settings may change in the car if you updated your software or if someone else drove it (I don’t know if this is linked to driver profiles. I assume it wouldn’t be, but I don’t know for sure.)

Reactions: beachmiles
- compatible phone app

If nothing else changed, did your premium connectivity expire? Also, sometimes settings may change in the car if you updated your software or if someone else drove it (I don’t know if this is linked to driver profiles. I assume it wouldn’t be, but I don’t know for sure.)
There are few more requirements to add...

- Your phone has to be set up with the car as a key since the video is encrypted end-to-end
- No one can be seated in the car
- Car must be locked with Sentry mode turned on

Not to wear this out, but I can’t access remote camera. Here is what I have:
- 2021.36.8.8 (FSD Beta)
- Premium Connectivity
- 4.2.3-742
- 2020 Mod. S Long Range
- IPhone

Not sure why I don’t have it. Help!!!! Thanks. :)

Attachments

• D6697139-FDF6-47E7-900B-C465335525C5.jpeg
    D6697139-FDF6-47E7-900B-C465335525C5.jpeg
    293.5 KB · Views: 177
- 2021.36.8.8 (FSD Beta)
- Premium Connectivity
- 4.2.3-742
- 2020 Mod. S Long Range
- IPhone

Probably because you need 2021.38.6.... You have 2021.36.8.... Assuming the versions contain similar capabilities for both the Y and S.

- 2021.36.8.8 (FSD Beta)
- Premium Connectivity
- 4.2.3-742
- 2020 Mod. S Long Range
- IPhone

Probably because you need 2021.38.6.... You have 2021.36.8.... Assuming the versions contain similar capabilities for both the Y and S.
Of course. Duhh. Sorry. I was reading my version as 36 this whole time. My bad. Thanks for the clarification

Reactions: DanDi58
I have an iPhone and can’t make it work. I have enabled remote access in the car, but the app on my phone says I need to enable remote access.
Did you check the box in the car on the settings menu? It’s under security if you have the latest update on your car. Once you’ve checked that box your iOS app should allow the feature. If not, try soft rebooting your car and/or reinstalling the Tesla iOS app. I had to do this in order for it to work for me.

- compatible phone app

I called service and they sent the update. It works fine when I’m connected to WIFI.

Reactions: Lephturn
I have Tesla app version 4.3.1 777 and after months of waiting I had to request an update from version 2021.35.5.5 so I could get the remote camera feature. Got updated to 2021.44.6 and there is no toggle in the safety and security settings to activate remote camera use in the app???