Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No return (after accepting delivery)!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is doing what every other car company has been doing forever. It sucks but you just need to do a very thorough inspection and refuse delivery if it’s not up to snuff. Plus you’re still covered under a 4 year warranty.

Yes but the 7 days no questions asked return was their go-to excuse for not allowing test drives with the actual vehicle you're buying. Did this change? Are people really going to buy these cars "as-is" with no returns and no test drives?

Reactions: Nolakai
Yes but the 7 days no questions asked return was their go-to excuse for not allowing test drives with the actual vehicle you're buying. Did this change? Are people really going to buy these cars "as-is" with no returns and no test drives?

That is how things were before the 7-day return policy... And people were still buying Teslas.

I’m not sure. I was able to test drive a Model 3 and a Model Y before I made my purchase. It would definitely be a disadvantage if you couldn’t test drive before buying. That would not be something I’d be able to do without the 7 day return.

I know it's not exactly the same, but if you buy a car from a traditional dealer that is not on the lot, it ends up being a custom order similar to how Tesla's are produced. When I was still driving ICEs, I would order custom cars from BMW and either they were delivered to a dealer for pickup or I would fly to Germany to pick it up at the factory. I suppose if something was seriously wrong I could refuse delivery, but other than that there was no return option and furthermore I never was able to test drive "my" car since it was a custom order. Although Tesla's are becoming more mainstream every day, I think a fair amount of Tesla buyers may have come from brands such as Audi, MB, BMW, Volvo, etc. where you may very well buy something that is not "on the lot".

With one of my cars, I wasn't even able to find a (fairly rare) interior color option on ANY car on the BMW dealer's lots (let alone my model)...so I literally had never seen the actual color in person before I showed up in Munich. Prior to that, I only had the web and brochure photos to go off of. Luckily it turned out that I loved the color even more in person than I did from the photos.

It’s been 2 days for my model Y and I am truly not happy. The screen started misbehaving. It is changing screens by itself. The map is zooming in and out on its own. This is making me nervous.
Is there an option to return?

It’s been 2 days for my model Y and I am truly not happy. The screen started misbehaving. It is changing screens by itself. The map is zooming in and out on its own. This is making me nervous.
I have driven only 30 miles. I hate it that I spend $1500 it preparation. Garage wiring, all weather mats, screen protector etc

I have driven only 30 miles. I hate it that I spend $1500 it preparation. Garage wiring, all weather mats, screen protector etc

Have you put the screen protector on already? If so that could be causing your issue.

I definitely don’t know that return policy is gone. I did not do the test drive due to I assume if I test drive I lost the 7 days return. Now I’m getting more anxiety

I thought they had removed that stipulation from the 7 day return policy anyways. If you have a car on order, you can check your order agreement and/or MVPA and see if the return policy is there. If it is not in writing, you will not have a return period. The return policy was included in the fine print with all the requirements.

If you haven’t taken delivery, no reason to not do a test drive now. You just lose the deposit if you change your mind about the car.

Hold the brake pedal down (in park) and press in both steering wheel buttons. This happened to me in the tesla parking lot, directly after I removed the factory screen plastic. If you have a screen protector remove it as well just to be sure, then reboot.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Hold the brake pedal down (in park) and press in both steering wheel buttons. This happened to me in the tesla parking lot, directly after I removed the factory screen plastic. If you have a screen protector remove it as well just to be sure, then reboot.

If you hold the brake pedal while you press and hold both steering buttons it will factory reset everything, just keep in mind if you've already set things up.

Just holding the steering wheel buttons, it will "soft" reset the MCU, without loosing settings. May be worth a try first.

If you hold the brake pedal while you press and hold both steering buttons it will factory reset everything, just keep in mind if you've already set things up.

Just holding the steering wheel buttons, it will "soft" reset the MCU, without loosing settings. May be worth a try first.

Right, too late for edit, sorry, this is not correct. For factory reset you must go in the MCU menu and choose factory reset.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung