Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, must have been a server-side bug. Looks like everyone can see them now.
Nope. We had it for four days, then got the beta, been driving the beta for four days, no driving issues, beta still works, but safety score gone from the app. Haven't figured out how to get it back, but not too worried.

In the meantime, driving the beta is cool. But wow it does some weird stuff. I'm trying to be conservative with hitting the camera icon to report, but yikes.

Nope. We had it for four days, then got the beta, been driving the beta for four days, no driving issues, beta still works, but safety score gone from the app. Haven't figured out how to get it back, but not too worried.

In the meantime, driving the beta is cool. But wow it does some weird stuff. I'm trying to be conservative with hitting the camera icon to report, but yikes.
From what I have read it is normal for those accepted into FSD Beta to lose their safety score, since it is no longer required. You got the prize!

• Helpful
Reactions: KrenGrl
Maybe it is a recent thing, It seems that if you reset your score too many times, Telsa penalizes you. I reset my score 4 times in total (by opt-out, driving a bit, waiting till the score disappears, and requesting the beta again). For the first two times, I was able to get the score back in a few hours. After the third time, it took me a couple of days. After the 4th time, it took 5 days for the old score to disappear. It's been 7 days, the safety score still hasn't shown up on my Tesla app. From the post above, maybe this has nothing to do with the reset?
I think you might be right. A couple days after my post, I got my safety score back. I guess we just have to be patient but driving like grandpa is awful. I get dinged a lot for unsafe following although I don't believe I am being unsafe..

Ah, today I had an update for the Tesla app, which then prompted me to activate my safety score because I have Tesla Insurance (California). Seems odd that I had to re-activate it even though I'm still in the FSD queue (I hope...) and the score doesn't actually affect premiums in CA, but all my old data came back, as well for the days that I couldn't see it.

@Eckzar if you have an app update available that might help you too.

Reactions: mykohsu and Mark II
Same issue as the rest of you - i've opted in and had a Safety Score section in my tesla mobile app since last fall, but it's never computed a score:

Screenshot_20220509-131710.png

I've emailed them in the past and they were like *shrug*. I just emailed them again, that email address if anyone else would like to ask for help is:

[email protected]

Same issue as the rest of you - i've opted in and had a Safety Score section in my tesla mobile app since last fall, but it's never computed a score:

View attachment 802251

I've emailed them in the past and they were like *shrug*. I just emailed them again, that email address if anyone else would like to ask for help is:

[email protected]
Do you have your Tesla set to allow collection of data? In the car settings, there are several sections that require approval to allow Tesla to collect data - they all have to be on or safety scores won't work as Tesla isn't getting anything from your car.

Reactions: Magneto3
Do you have your Tesla set to allow collection of data? In the car settings, there are several sections that require approval to allow Tesla to collect data - they all have to be on or safety scores won't work as Tesla isn't getting anything from your car.
Great suggestion, thank you. I'll double check this.

Does this include the new invasive cabin camera data collection?