Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No scheduled charge last night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got in the car this morning and my car hadn't charged on the schedule I have set. I've had this problem happen a couple of other times, but it was always after a firmware update. This time, there was no update applied to my car and when I got in the car this morning the center screen was black and the car wouldn't come on even though I was sitting in the driver's seat hitting the brake. I had to reboot the center screen to get the car to go into reverse... The good news is I should have enough to make it to work and back home... But I won't have much to spare... Maybe 10 miles... WTF?

- - - Updated - - -

thank goodness the weather will be warmer today

- - - Updated - - -

I did have my charge limit set to 80% to save battery degradation and because it's starting to warm up, but I think I'm going to go back to 90 because of things like this

I have a very short commute and had previously moved the slider down to 70% but have decided that is annoying and moved mine back to 90% in hopes the range calculations stay more accurate without so much false range loss from pack imbalance. I guess that is a bit off topic from your post, so back to your issue: that seems like more than just an annoying problem. Let us know what they find! I know I wouldn't want to wake up to insufficient charge!

I have had my charge port show blue directly after plugging in, then switch to red after 10-15 seconds a few times. Unplugging and replugging fixes the issue for me. This could be your problem as well.

I also have had a few times where the charge port stays white. Even after the lock engages. I replug in this situation as well.

I am in the habit of waiting ~15 seconds before I am confident that my car will charge over night.

This has happened maybe 3-4 times in ~400 charge cycles.

I expect that it was a faulty connection. After my 25,000 mile check up the plug started to initially turn green then disengage and turn red. This happens after I start to walk away. Luckily I heard the "click" of unlocking. I now stick around. I am unsure if service can fix.

I expect that it was a faulty connection. After my 25,000 mile check up the plug started to initially turn green then disengage and turn red. This happens after I start to walk away. Luckily I heard the "click" of unlocking. I now stick around. I am unsure if service can fix.

I cleaned out my charge port, and the plug end. Got some dust sand out of there. The three times that happened to me were in about a 2 month span. I also had most of my stay white, but still lock incidents in that span of time as well. Haven't had that probelm since I cleaned them out.

I just used a compressed air can on the car side. I know the contacts are 'safe' but I am not touching them.

I unplugged my UMC from the wall and cleaned it out with some rubbing alcohol and whatnot.

Last few cycles I've had the car plugged in but the app shows "not" plugged in...reboot, remove/plug in seemed ok then did it again. Called SC and got the expected "bring it in if still has issues." I always tug on the plug port to make sure it is locked and push in the button to see the port ring is green before I walk away.

I have had my charge port show blue directly after plugging in, then switch to red after 10-15 seconds a few times. Unplugging and replugging fixes the issue for me. This could be your problem as well.

I also have had a few times where the charge port stays white. Even after the lock engages. I replug in this situation as well.

I am in the habit of waiting ~15 seconds before I am confident that my car will charge over night.

This has happened maybe 3-4 times in ~400 charge cycles.
Yep- IIRC, when I walked away the charge port was solid green and I believe for scheduled charge it should be solid blue. I checked the app before I wne t to bed and it said it was plugged in though so I'm not sure what's up with that. I do plan to start introducing your suggestion of waiting a few moments after I hear the two clicks to watch the charge port color. Thanks for the tip sir!