Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Security View Live Camera option in my FSD Beta enabled Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Kevin Bohacz

Supporting Member
My wife’s Model 3 has the live view option, but my Model S does not!

My wife’s 2019 Model 3 on 2021.36.8 does not have the FSD beta, and does not have the pedestrian warning speakers.

My Model S is on 2021.36.8.5, with the FSD Beta, and no “live view” option is present in the car’s security settings, and my iPhone does not display the “view live camera” option in the remote app. My early 2018 is a Model S 100D that was upgraded to HW3 and MCU2.

I’m wondering if this is some limitation of the FSD beta or something else?

Last edited:
I don't think they have released this feature for Android users either and I really hope the Android version is updated in time for FSD Beta users receiving the Live View update.
I see that limitation now about Android in the release notes. I don't understand why the feature enabling or disabling in Controls > Safety & Security is not present, or why it was not listed in the Release Note I received for my car. Does Tesla or my car know I am only using Android to access my car, and therefore limits features not yet implemented for Android from being download to my car? What If I got an iPhone today? Generally, the software is downloaded to the car if it is eligible regardless of what phone one usually uses to access the car. That was true with the Safety Score. I had the software on my car, I just needed either an iPhone, or the correct version of Android to use it.

My wife’s Model 3 has the live view option, but my Model S does not!
Are you using the same phone to access both cars via the mobile app? If not, do both phones have the latest version of the Tesla app? If what @DerbyDave posted above is correct, then it’s not an FSD Beta issue in your case. Note that the live view option was initially only available on iOS, but I’ve heard that it’s now supported on Android too.

Oh Snap! I just posted a thread with the same question.
I have a 2019 Raven Model S and my 2021.36.8.5 FSD Beta software does not let me use Sentry Mode Live—and for that matter, has basically removed all AutoPark functionality. Dirty Tesla, with his Model Y gets Sentry Mode Live on the same software release, but it looks like you and me don't have it.
At least I know I'm not alone.
Tesla—please—why don't you communicate to us whether or not you have the intention of releasing this feature (these features) instead of leaving us to wonder—feeling like you're just [blanking] us in the [blanking] [blank] because our 2 year old car is so [blanking] obsolete now?

Are you using the same phone to access both cars via the mobile app? If not, do both phones have the latest version of the Tesla app? If what @DerbyDave posted above is correct, then it’s not an FSD Beta issue in your case. Note that the live view option was initially only available on iOS, but I’ve heard that it’s now supported on Android too.
Yes, I am using the same iPhone for both cars, and it does have the latest version of the app. I wish Tesla would communicate better.

I have a 2019 Raven Model S and my 2021.36.8.5 FSD Beta software does not let me use Sentry Mode Live—and for that matter, has basically removed all AutoPark functionality. Dirty Tesla, with his Model Y gets Sentry Mode Live on the same software release, but it looks like you and me don't have it.
Tesla—please—why don't you communicate to us whether or not you have the intention of releasing this feature (these features) instead of leaving us to wonder—feeling like you're just [blanking] us in the [blanking] [blank] because our 2 year old car is so [blanking] obsolete now?
I’m in the same situation. I have a 2019 MS 100D non-raven. Full self driving Beta since the original wider released.

Could we expect Sentry Live Mode to work on pre 2021 cars with MCU 2.0 (And HW 3.0)

#FingersCrossed. We'll have to wait until 2021.40.5+ starts rolling out to the fleet, as no other [current] firmware has the code compiled for this feature to work on MCU2 vehicles:
Green has confirmed that the Sentry Mode Live Camera Access is not even compiled for MCU2 hardware on any of the [current] firmware versions:

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 8.53.37 a.m..png

Last edited:
Reactions: DCEV
#FingersCrossed. We'll have to wait until 2021.40.5+ starts rolling out to the fleet, as no other [current] firmware has the code compiled for this feature to work on MCU2 vehicles:

Could someone please let us know if Live View works on pre 2021 cars with HW 2.0?

I would not know for a while because they will have to merge that code with FSD Beta.

This is one of the biggest features I've been waiting for and I really hope it is available fleetwide as long as you have HW 2.0.

My two-year-old car is not obsolete. I wonder why yours has aged so poorly. Then again, I don't need Sentry Mode, Auto Park, FSD, etc., as I like to drive myself. I know, I know, weird, right? Personally, I didn't buy my car sight unseen, but I can imagine that if I [blanking blankety blanked} every other word I couldn't live with myself, and a lot of my software might not work, either. It may be that I have a larger vocabulary, I don't know. Be that as it may, BETA software is not usually permanent.