Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Security View Live Camera option in my FSD Beta enabled Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could someone please let us know if Live View works on pre 2021 cars with HW 2.0?

I would not know for a while because they will have to merge that code with FSD Beta.

This is one of the biggest features I've been waiting for and I really hope it is available fleetwide as long as you have HW 2.0.
"The feature is available for Model 3, Model Y and the new Model S and X. Unfortunately, it's currently unavailable for 2020 and older Model S and X cars. It's not clear why Tesla has left the feature out of these cars, but it may be due to the lack of an interior camera. It's possible Tesla may add the feature at a later date to these vehicles." Tesla Sentry Mode Live, now available in 2021.36.8

I just received the new Android update that supports Live View and my firmware version should have Live View support from what I gather but unfortunately the option to turn on Live View is not visible.

I really hope they enable this feature for MCU 2.0 cars made before 2021.

This is such a useful feature.

Just got the new update and sad to report no Sentry View with HW 2.0 and FSD 3.0 :(
My guess is we're not going to get it. I also expect that this is the "beginning of the end" for the 2020 Model S/X now with the shift to Model 3 interior across the line. Good news is it makes it that much easier to consider Porsche or Audi for me :)

2 weeks....

Sorry, had to.

At this point, it's starting to look more and more like:

Screenshot_20210508-222620.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: croman and ucmndd
My wife’s Model 3 has the live view option, but my Model S does not!

My wife’s 2019 Model 3 on 2021.36.8 does not have the FSD beta, and does not have the pedestrian warning speakers.

My Model S is on 2021.36.8.5, with the FSD Beta, and no “live view” option is present in the car’s security settings, and my iPhone does not display the “view live camera” option in the remote app. My early 2018 is a Model S 100D that was upgraded to HW3 and MCU2.

I’m wondering if this is some limitation of the FSD beta or something else?
A Tesla rep called me today and said that only 3 Y and late 2021-22 S and X will offer live sentry mode , That's a bummer ,He also said that we need to complain .

Reactions: DCEV
So we paid almost double price for TMS/X, we have the same hardware MCU2/FSD and we don't get the new features (live view / blind spot camera), but cheaper 3/Y does...

I quess my next 100k will not go to Tesla, even if the competition car will have no upgrades during its life cycle.

Reactions: dsiwireless