Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

no sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you confirm what that actually means in terms of functionality?

Does it let you record the video or is it just displaying the warning message on screen?

it just give you notification looks like video gets processed on tesla servers not on the car locally as ape2.5

Do I still need the USB formatted to FAT32 with DashCam folder? Otherwise activating it seems to do nothing but deactivate the main security alarm.

Well, at the thread here: Software Update 2019.12.x

One have already tried, and writes this:

I've just given that a try:
Model S, AP2.0 Car delivered 6/2017
If there is a FAT32 formated USB Stick with TeslaCam Folder plugged in, Sentry mode tries to use it. The operative word being "tries".
View attachment 394882
As you can see, it creates event-related .mp4 files; they do not however nontain any usable information. they're all 595 bytes and obviously without any actual video.

Tried twice with two different sticks, so certainly lokks like a system limitation.

Seems it tries to write, but doesn't.
So maybe in the next update?

I seem to be having a problem. Tesla dash cam works fine but I get no sentry mode recordings. Model S (ordered 09/02/17 delivered 12/05/17; sticker on car indicates 11/17 as month/year of build), 2019.20.1 (but had the same problem on 2019.16.2), and I am assuming that I have AP 2.5 hardware based on build date. But my car seems to be acting like it has 2.0. Any ideas what is going on here? I have a 2,200 mile trip coming up and would like to get this resolved before then.

If I do have AP 2.0, I will be just a might pissed. But a little further information. I was out the other day and I decided to run the Tesla dashcam while running errands. When I got back to the car, I saw that there had been 1 sentry event. I checked it with the Teslacam/Sentry viewer app. The "event" had been saved out separately from the rest of the dashcam video and it was 10 1 minute segments. So it kind of worked then, but only if I had the dashcam running at the same time. This isn't supposed to be how it works, is it? Can't I just activate sentry mode without having the dashcam running all the time?

BTW, how can I tell definitively what AP version I have?

So from what I can tell, I definitely have AP 2.5 as my dashcam video (from all 3 cams) is in full color. So it seems like sentry mode should work for me. Still no joy unless dashcam is active along with sentry mode being activated. Doesn't seem right. Any thoughts or suggestions?