Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No SiriusXM sucks in a 100k car…. Really?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this sort of annoys me, as I'm still on 2021.11.102, and have "Advanced" picked... my car has no trouble uploading the world to some AWS server for analysis. I imagine this is due to being invited to join the Early Access Program years ago, in which you agree to have any data Tesla wants uploaded to them. Which is great and all, because then the roads I drive on most often may become what is used to train the NNs, and result in a better experience for me... but haven't gotten to test any new firmware to test since Smart Summon first came out, and I'm not even getting the general public ones!

View attachment 707195
i was testing the autopark before it was released. That was some interesting sugar, I tell you. MOFO's needed to jump out the way, 2X :)

Haven't tested anything since and there is a newer firmware out than is on my car. Maybe they didnt like my feedback??? Also, when are we getting waypoints?

• Funny
Reactions: DukeofURL
I dunno how you guys that subscribe to Sirius XM can tolerate the audio codec. It's terrible and completely butchers music quality. To each is own I guess...
For those that live in mountainous areas, rural areas, travel, or like to listen to news and sports -- SiriusXM is constant and available. Any other Tesla option is not reliable, because of poor AT&T coverage. Using your phone is a cumbersome archaic and dangerous interface while driving to select what you want to hear. The audio is better if I used my phone to connect to SiriusXM and piped it Bluetooth to my Tesla in areas where I can get cell coverage. I don't do this. It is not worth it. I don't demand the same audio standards in my car, or while I am traveling or walking, as I do at home. The Tesla SiriusXM is fine when it works, and fairly easy to navigate.

i was testing the autopark before it was released. That was some interesting sugar, I tell you. MOFO's needed to jump out the way, 2X :)

Haven't tested anything since and there is a newer firmware out than is on my car. Maybe they didnt like my feedback??? Also, when are we getting waypoints?
On topic, SXM has been added back to refresh Ses (whenever your car gets release .34), and not to get too far off topic, but you can take this for whatever it's worth...
1631297210732.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DerbyDave
For those that live in mountainous areas, rural areas, travel, or like to listen to news and sports -- SiriusXM is constant and available. Any other Tesla option is not reliable, because of poor AT&T coverage. Using your phone is a cumbersome archaic and dangerous interface while driving to select what you want to hear. The audio is better if I used my phone to connect to SiriusXM and piped it Bluetooth to my Tesla in areas where I can get cell coverage. I don't do this. It is not worth it. I don't demand the same audio standards in my car, or while I am traveling or walking, as I do at home. The Tesla SiriusXM is fine when it works, and fairly easy to navigate.
If you were to pipe Sirius or any music via iPhone or Android is it wireless connection or usb?

If you were to pipe Sirius or any music via iPhone or Android is it wireless connection or usb?
You can just bluetooth your phone to the car. If you install SiriusXM app, and have a subscription, you can change the audio quality to maximum, and it should be much better than the satellite SiriusXM quality that Tesla provides. I also have a USB stick with all my home music on it.

Last edited:
No SiriusXM sucks in a 100k car…. Really?
SiriusXM FIX for my 2018 Model S
If I park in my garage for 30 minutes with no satellite signal, I will lose SiriusXM on my computer screen. Check the settings, everything is gone.
Tesla must have a bug in the software when there is no signal for a certain time it disables SiriusXM
FIX
I pull out of my garage into a parking spot that is open to the sky.

I do a hard boot, by pushing both scrolls to reset.
FOR HARD REBOOT.
PUSH and HOLD both scroll down and hold down, do not release when you see the screen go off. Continue to hold down for about 2 minutes until you see the T on the screen. Once you see the T on the screen, then release the scroll.
SiriusXM will take about 1-2 minutes before it is back on your computer screen with all settings as you had them.

The User Interface is seriously screwed up. My car is currently playing an XM station but the XM selection has disappeared from the screen again.

AM works fine for me also - in my 2021 Mustang Mach-E.
Mine does this after the last update. It will slowly correct with next selection playing, or change channels and come back. Some programmer forgot to update the screen timely.