Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Smart Meter. No Smart Tariff. Too much noise??? :o(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually the price you receive for the electricity you generate each year goes up every April with the consumer price index (CPI). Usually a 2% a year or so increase but does compound up over 20 years :)
Thanks for that, I always like to learn.

My brother has got solar, but I don’t talk to him about it because once he gets started on it you can’t stop him! :rolleyes:

A bit like me with the Tesla... :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: vitesse
You will have a separate export meter for your solar power (usually next to your inverter) which usually has to be read manually every quarter. This is totally separate to your incoming supply. I have changed incoming supply provider several times in the eight years I have had solar PV.

That looks (by virtue of the wording and typical setup) to be a total generation meter (TGM) not an export meter, ie, its what your PV has generated. Most people do not have an export meter and their export is deemed to be 50% of their total generation - some win, some lose, but it keeps costs down and is simple to implement. Some larger install do have export meter and some may have chosen to have a separate export meter (iirc there was a cost involved so deemed export worked for most). There are some smart tarrifs now that do support export, such as Octopus Outgoing that replaces the deemed export part of the FiT. These will use the smart meter, of which, not all support export.