Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No software update notifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the past few months I haven’t received any app notifications for software updates are available or completed.

I do receive notifications for other things - home link, car heating etc (not sure about alarm).

Anybody else having the same issue? Everything is correctly enabled in settings.

iOS 15.2.1 and Tesla App 4.5.0

Reactions: CMc1 and Wol747
Over the past few months I haven’t received any app notifications for software updates are available or completed.

I do receive notifications for other things - home link, car heating etc (not sure about alarm).

Anybody else having the same issue? Everything is correctly enabled in settings.

iOS 15.2.1 and Tesla App 4.5.0
I’m on same iOS but only updated to app 4.5 just now. S/W 44.30.11.
across 4 iOS devices, None get software update complete anymore, two get all charging notifications and two don’t get charge completed.
same 2 phone and iPads, same Tesla account. Beats me!

Same here. Only way I know I've got an update is via TeslaMate.

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 09.34.32.png

(iPhone latest iOS and latest Tesla app)

Nope no notifications for ages, and also no icon in the car when one is available to download either.

Only place I'm seeing it is when I open the app fully then its at the time ready to install. Bit annoying.

Speaking of annoying, has anyone noticed that amber warnings are no longer showing up on screen either. Like being low on screen wash for example. I only noticed when I was in the service menu for something unrelated and saw I had a notification.

Step backwards imo.

Reactions: browellm
I don't get software notifications either, but that's primarily due to MCU1. Yet also saw the low screen wash among the ordinary set of 'dashcam failed to record a clip' warnings. In the past did occasionally spot updates in-car by luck, but mostly informed and started via app.

Oh, that is ridiculous :rolleyes:
I had a screen washer fluid low notification a few days ago. It's on screen for a while after using the washers but then reappears if you haven't topped up a day or two later. It doesn't stay on the screen all the time and you would only then see it if you go to the notifications bell icon. Hopefully we are not quite at the ridiculous stage quite yet unless something has really changed!

Reactions: browellm