Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No software update notifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a screen washer fluid low notification a few days ago. It's on screen for a while after using the washers but then reappears if you haven't topped up a day or two later. It doesn't stay on the screen all the time and you would only then see it if you go to the notifications bell icon. Hopefully we are not quite at the ridiculous stage quite yet unless something has really changed!

I didn't know it shows up a day or 2 later, but I generally don't look at that area of my screen when using the washers. Whilst having the little yellow triangle up top always caught my eye.

Although admittedly not seeing it there everytime I accelerate while using AP is nice. I just feel like something as "vital" as getting low on screen wash should sit there all the time and I wonder what other alerts will be semi hidden in this way.

Reactions: Adopado
I’m back to not getting any notifications again on iPhone with latest app. Only found out that I had a software update pending from TeslaMate, and I don’t get any confirmation of it completing, or Cabin Overheat Protection kicking in, etc.

Cabin overheat notification works fine here with iOS app 4.7.3 (14/04 update) but I’m not on latest car release. Not expecting software notifications as iirc they were known broken when I last took a car update.

1650606297752.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Not expecting software notifications as iirc they were known broken when I last took a car update.
Before the forum downtime I was going to edit post, but too late now, so a fresh post.

I am actually still seeing in app message (always got the TeslaFi notification) that a software update is available (I can't remember if that was there before as it went away for a while as I was ignoring updates) but I am not getting one in iOS notifications that I can remember (notification history only goes back as far as Saturday). I definitely do still have software update notifications enabled in the app.

I have the same version of the app on two Android devices, phone and tablet. I never use the tablet to manage the car, but that's where the software update notifications etc go, never on the phone. This has swapped around at some point but, short of uninstalling on the tablet thereby hopefully forcing a change, I've no idea how to swap back.

Thanks. I'm on the latest iOS and software in the car (2022.12.3.1) and basically not getting anything, except the one you get if you close the app and it advises you to keep it open for best performance.
The notifications settings in the app sometimes get messed up when the app updates ... are the settings definitely as previously set? (apologies ... I know this is an obvious one but ...)