Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A buddy of mine with a M3 just got software update v.2021.32.21. My MYLR doesn't not appear to have rec'd an update and is still at v.2021.11.104.

Any thoughts or news about when we might be an update?

TIA,
David
You should search the forum as there is a ton of information for updates (and for a lot of your other questions). But in summary - your car is new and will be on a factory software version for a while. It could be tomorrow, could be a couple months. No one can tell you when exactly.

A buddy of mine with a M3 just got software update v.2021.32.21. My MYLR doesn't not appear to have rec'd an update and is still at v.2021.11.104.

Any thoughts or news about when we might be an update?

TIA,
David
Tesla does rolling software updates. Best thing you can do is leave the setting on Advanced, there's simply no way to force an update even if a newer version has released and others have gotten it. You will receive the update once its your VIN's turn in line, sooner than others if you opt for Advanced over Standard. If there is a newer software version out and your car says "Up to date" it just means it's not yet available for your car configuration/region.

Per Tesla's website:

When do software updates become available?
Software updates occur on a rolling basis. Tesla will notify you through an alert on your car’s touchscreen and Tesla app. To see if your car is up for an update, tap 'Controls' > 'Software.’ Your car will check for updates and display “Checking for updates..”

Tesla does rolling software updates. Best thing you can do is leave the setting on Advanced, there's simply no way to force an update even if a newer version has released and others have gotten it. You will receive the update once its your VIN's turn in line, sooner than others if you opt for Advanced over Standard. If there is a newer software version out and your car says "Up to date" it just means it's not yet available for your car configuration/region.

Per Tesla's website:

When do software updates become available?
Software updates occur on a rolling basis. Tesla will notify you through an alert on your car’s touchscreen and Tesla app. To see if your car is up for an update, tap 'Controls' > 'Software.’ Your car will check for updates and display “Checking for updates..”
I'm in the same boat w/ my new Model Y (received car on 9/27/21)
Still on 2021.11.104 as of 10/11/21.

Guess I'll keep checking the software version and see when the update hits my screen.

Me as well!
I now see "Navigate on Autopilot is not supported in current region", so at the moment I think I've lost even my highway Navigate on Autopilot...
Did this happen for anyone else?? :confused:

I'm in Los Angeles and had it before the update... Car is still downloading some "Game update" so maybe it will come back.
tesla_IMG_0738.jpg

I took delivery of MYLR on 30-Oct. I find that my car is still showing version 2021.35.102
Based on TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker there has been many updates after that. What do I do? Some of these could be critical updates. I paid $10K for the FSD so hoping to not miss out on updates affecting driving. Yesterday I opened a service ticket. Is there anything else I need to do? Thoughts?

Attachments

• C77E35E8-513B-4E82-A4E2-D0ACAC10EDC9.jpeg
    C77E35E8-513B-4E82-A4E2-D0ACAC10EDC9.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 58
Just an FYI, most cars produced on a certain period go out with some default stock software. U got my first update about 2 weeks after I took delivery. They roll out randomly and even though there shows updates doesn’t mean you’re getting it right there and then.

Just like the delivery for you Y, u gotta wait for the software updates.

Reactions: Oldguywaits
I've been stuck on 2021.32.22 since "The Button", now I have a 97 safety score and no updates.
Same here! Used to always get software updates very early (even before Trevor!) until I opted in for the FSD beta and now zero software updates for almost two months, even there have been a bunch. Seems possibly related. I wonder if "opting out" would reverse this issue...

I took delivery of MYLR on 30-Oct. I find that my car is still showing version 2021.35.102
Based on TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker there has been many updates after that. What do I do? Some of these could be critical updates. I paid $10K for the FSD so hoping to not miss out on updates affecting driving. Yesterday I opened a service ticket. Is there anything else I need to do? Thoughts?
I took delivery of my MYLR on 10/29. I’ve been at 2021.35.102 and have not received any updates. I did not order FSD.

I took delivery of my MYLR on 10/29. I’ve been at 2021.35.102 and have not received any updates. I did not order FSD.
Did you get the option to opt FSD-beta? There are other updates including live sentry mode view that released after 35.102.
Hopefully we get these soon. It is sort of weird how they push updates as it is not uniform and all at one time. Anyways nothing we can do other than wait

Did you get the option to opt FSD-beta? There are other updates including live sentry mode view that released after 35.102.
Hopefully we get these soon. It is sort of weird how they push updates as it is not uniform and all at one time. Anyways nothing we can do other than wait
No, I did not. I find it odd as well that I can’t just go request and then install the update.

Reactions: Oldguywaits
No, I did not. I find it odd as well that I can’t just go request and then install the update.
I think it’s all part of being stuck in the 35.102 version. Hopefully we will get updated soon. The car is fabulous though and enjoying every minute I drive. Certain parts of the country I do see some aggression towards Tesla. Often get tempted to show them the power by zooming past them but just remain quiet lol