Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No software updates for older cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 Model X and have not had an update for a while - currently on 2020.48.37.8

A questions for people with cars of similar vintage - do you have the same situation?

Until about a year ago there used to be regualr updates - about 3-4 weeks between most, then last year they came less frequently, and now been on 2020.48.37.X since February with only very minor updates since then - 2020.48.37.1 in Feb to 2020.48.37.8 today

I guess the hardware is too old to support the new features?

Or is my car not getting the latest ones while other cars of the same age are?

I have a 2017 Model X and have not had an update for a while - currently on 2020.48.37.8

A questions for people with cars of similar vintage - do you have the same situation?

Until about a year ago there used to be regualr updates - about 3-4 weeks between most, then last year they came less frequently, and now been on 2020.48.37.X since February with only very minor updates since then - 2020.48.37.1 in Feb to 2020.48.37.8 today

I guess the hardware is too old to support the new features?

Or is my car not getting the latest ones while other cars of the same age are?
In 2019 my 2015 AP1 vehicle was getting next to nothing in terms of updates. So your experience tracks.

Upvote 0
2017 X, MCU2 and FSD upgrades. Am on 2021.44.5.

Hopefully when FSD roll out finally starts in the Europe next year I'll get the camera upgrade the older cars in the US are getting. I suspect our X will be over 5 years old when the first FSD code hits the car.

51759336244_ee41da9ea3_w_d.jpg

Upvote 0
Hopefully when FSD roll out finally starts in the Europe next year I'll get the camera upgrade the older cars in the US are getting. I suspect our X will be over 5 years old when the first FSD code hits the car.
Perhaps you missed Elon saying that future FSD Beta development would be concentrated on the US first before other markets. So I don't expect anything further on FSD while the UNECE regulation remains as it is.

Upvote 0
I hope you didn't pay for FSD? it'll be a long long long wait.

I don't think anyone got FSD for free?

The car is already 4 years old and it'll be kept till it falls apart. Latest software update has enabled autopark with parking bay lines so looking fowards to trying it.

Hopefully the 'blindside' monitoring update will be available on our X with the Xmas update.

I've never owned any car like our X before. My wifes Lexus is only 1 year older but its gained zero functionality over the years, and literally feels like driving something from the 1960s in comparison.

Am in no rush to see FSD, when it does come though it'll be mad to see on a car ordered in summer 2016!!

Upvote 0