Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Solar being generated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- Neo Gateway
- SolarEdge HD Wave with SetAPP
- 2 x Powerwalls

My solar generation (viewed in the app) has dropped to 0. My Powerwalls are still working and grid and home power consumption is displayed.

The inverter has a single green LED lit, so the system is producing energy. I've followed the inverter troubleshooting steps twice, but no change. The only step I couldn't complete was #4, turn off the breakers. My 2 panels do not have a breaker for solar or anything related. I do have an external AC Disconnect, which I turned off; this did turn of power to the inverter.

The Neo Gateway is displaying "No Server" and "No Signal". It's located close to the inverter (one wall and upstairs), hard-wired into an AiMesh node.

I discussed these issues with Tesla (via chat app) this morning, and they have asked me to run the troubleshooting steps for resetting the network (modem/router/gateway), then running the troubleshooting steps for the Powerwall gateway. I've already reset my network when I installed the mesh system, so don't expect this will have any effect, but willing to give it a try. The PW Gateway test is more involved and intrusive, as I'll lose power to the house, so I need to do that at a convenient time.

Any other ideas what the issue could be?

- Neo Gateway
- SolarEdge HD Wave with SetAPP
- 2 x Powerwalls

My solar generation (viewed in the app) has dropped to 0. My Powerwalls are still working and grid and home power consumption is displayed.

The inverter has a single green LED lit, so the system is producing energy. I've followed the inverter troubleshooting steps twice, but no change. The only step I couldn't complete was #4, turn off the breakers. My 2 panels do not have a breaker for solar or anything related. I do have an external AC Disconnect, which I turned off; this did turn of power to the inverter.

The Neo Gateway is displaying "No Server" and "No Signal". It's located close to the inverter (one wall and upstairs), hard-wired into an AiMesh node.

I discussed these issues with Tesla (via chat app) this morning, and they have asked me to run the troubleshooting steps for resetting the network (modem/router/gateway), then running the troubleshooting steps for the Powerwall gateway. I've already reset my network when I installed the mesh system, so don't expect this will have any effect, but willing to give it a try. The PW Gateway test is more involved and intrusive, as I'll lose power to the house, so I need to do that at a convenient time.

Any other ideas what the issue could be?
I have the same system and mine is doing the same thing as of yesterday 6/1. Did it get resolved?

I have the green light too, wonder if that’s what’s wrong with mine. My appointment is June 15th
I missed a step in the troubleshooting, moving the switch on the inverter to 0; I then see the blinking red and green lights, so this confirms inverter failure. Worth checking yours if it's the same issue.

Tesla have ordered a new "Gateway Monitoring Device", as nothing I do will bring the Neo Gateway back online. This will take 3-4 weeks to be delivered.

So, overall, not good!

Ugh I'm so sorry about this. I really wish Tesla used microinverters which can prevent complete loss of arrays like this. My system was installed by a third party and I have Enphase microinverters, so if one panel goes down the rest of the array can still produce.

Reactions: Flyer288
Ugh I'm so sorry about this. I really wish Tesla used microinverters which can prevent complete loss of arrays like this. My system was installed by a third party and I have Enphase microinverters, so if one panel goes down the rest of the array can still produce.
That and the longer warranty on the microinverters is why I installed them, with the added bonus of if one fails, you know exactly which panel is in trouble. Resiliency is my goal.

All the best,

BG

Reactions: aus1ander
Update: I received a new gateway, which resolved both of the connection issues (No Signal, No Server). The technician confirmed that the inverter had failed and he would request a new one. I've just received an email from Tesla that states:
We are currently pending the manufacturer send us the replacement for your installation. These generally take between 6-10 weeks to arrive, and Tesla unfortunately has no control over the speed at which they arrive.
So disappointing.

I wonder if the Texas sun didn't help it's longevity; I wish I'd asked for it to be installed in the garage now (where the Powerwalls are), but it didn't occur to me at the time.

• Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder
Update: I received a new gateway, which resolved both of the connection issues (No Signal, No Server). The technician confirmed that the inverter had failed and he would request a new one. I've just received an email from Tesla that states:

So disappointing.

I wonder if the Texas sun didn't help it's longevity; I wish I'd asked for it to be installed in the garage now (where the Powerwalls are), but it didn't occur to me at the time.
Tesla received my replacement inverter 2 days ago. 14 days from the time of the order. Told originally 4-8 weeks. Pending installation date now.
Hopefully it will happen this next week! 🤞🏻

Inverter was swapped out today and I am generating KW's again. The Neo gateway is still showing no server, no signal. The tech ordered a new one for me.
Total down time was from 5/28 to 7/1. Now to play catch-up
That’s great to hear. Glad you got sorted. A relief to see those numbers again I’m sure. The new gateway for me resolved that issue of no server, no signal.

No sign of an inverter for me yet.

The Inverter was finally replaced yesterday, same SolarEdge as before. Back to producing. That was a long time without : May 5 to August 4
C7ADEB79-8A94-4349-85F3-89B1829112F4.png