Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Sonic with my update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tweet at him. I’ve been trying
Okay, ya got me on my soap box now…. This is not addressed at you just a rant.

I don’t use twitter (or facebook, or, or, or)…. These things are going to be part of the downfall of western democracies and civil society if we’re not very careful….

It’s a slow motion train wreck happening right in front of our eyes. Like all things that hold wonderful potential to forward the human endeavor they have been co-opted by the worst amongst us. I say this as a person who was involved in the early days of the base technologies that brought these things to our world before browsers and apps an smart phones. Twitter and the others are home to all manner of thugs, conmen and the worst of human kind from sex traffickers to drug dealers and worse. They are easily used by foreign governments to undermine our open western systems of government and order by taking advantage of the naive and uninformed. Their algorithms promote the worst of their content to the most easily duped with a drive toward profit, not what is in the best interests of our societies. Until we set clear bounds on what is free speech and what is not in the interest of border society and the well-being of world citizens these are dangerous tools in the hands of dangerous people (looking at you Zuck). We should all treat them as such even if those who would regulate them don’t. Even these pages which provide valuable content for folks with similar interests and are well moderated still spread misinformation albeit harmless. And there in lies the rub…. Where is the line? Who decides what’s okay and what’s not. How much gray is allowed? It’s a damn tough issue that I don’t pretend to have any or all of the solutions but making platforms and users (no more anonymous posts) responsible for their content and the resulting mayhem (or good) would be a great start. We ignore this problem at our peril.

Musk should be ashamed that Twitter his preferred method of communicating with his customers. Grow up old boy…

p.s. I’m not a Musk hater. I think the man has single handedly transformed 3 market segments globally. All of which have bettered our society but come on…. Some adult behavior, please.

Okay, ya got me on my soap box now…. This is not addressed at you just a rant.

I don’t use twitter (or facebook, or, or, or)…. These things are going to be part of the downfall of western democracies and civil society if we’re not very careful….

It’s a slow motion train wreck happening right in front of our eyes. Like all things that hold wonderful potential to forward the human endeavor they have been co-opted by the worst amongst us. I say this as a person who was involved in the early days of the base technologies that brought these things to our world before browsers and apps an smart phones. Twitter and the others are home to all manner of thugs, conmen and the worst of human kind from sex traffickers to drug dealers and worse. They are easily used by foreign governments to undermine our open western systems of government and order by taking advantage of the naive and uninformed. Their algorithms promote the worst of their content to the most easily duped with a drive toward profit, not what is in the best interests of our societies. Until we set clear bounds on what is free speech and what is not in the interest of border society and the well-being of world citizens these are dangerous tools in the hands of dangerous people (looking at you Zuck). We should all treat them as such even if those who would regulate them don’t. Even these pages which provide valuable content for folks with similar interests and are well moderated still spread misinformation albeit harmless. And there in lies the rub…. Where is the line? Who decides what’s okay and what’s not. How much gray is allowed? It’s a damn tough issue that I don’t pretend to have any or all of the solutions but making platforms and users (no more anonymous posts) responsible for their content and the resulting mayhem (or good) would be a great start. We ignore this problem at our peril.

Musk should be ashamed that Twitter his preferred method of communicating with his customers. Grow up old boy…

p.s. I’m not a Musk hater. I think the man has single handedly transformed 3 market segments globally. All of which have bettered our society but come on…. Some adult behavior, please.
What does any of that have to do with if you want something changed or fixed that’s his preferred method of customer outreach?

Mayflash NS dongle, plugged into an Anker USB Hub in my glove box. PS5 controller connects wirelessly to the Mayflash in the glove box. Works fine with the games installed...unfortunately no Sonic though because Tesla doesn't think I can figure out how to get a game controller functioning in the car. Not news at this point, but still annoying that it works in my wife's 2020 Model 3 SR+ that cost significantly less, but not in my brand new LRY.

This is correct per my communications with Tesla, and is their official line. My suspicion is that they are doing this to avoid having a bunch of service calls claiming that games aren't working, from people who don't know there's such a thing as a USB port that doesn't support data.

It seems that they just went about this backwards...they need to make bluetooth controllers directly compatible with the car, or release/include a Tesla-branded game controller, and THEN they can remove data functionality from the center console. A good solution to this would be to send new confused buyers a Tesla game controller that works with the car, and then for future buyers add it to the Tesla shop so that those who want the games can choose to buy a controller.

This may throw a wrench in thoughts on sonic.
Picked my MYLR on Dec. 26. V10. Something software. And I saw sonic on the screen when I picked it up.
Did the update to v.11 on Dec. 27th. Sonic was gone.
So either it was a mistake for sonic to be there in the first place of an update removed it by accident?

This may throw a wrench in thoughts on sonic.
Picked my MYLR on Dec. 26. V10. Something software. And I saw sonic on the screen when I picked it up.
Did the update to v.11 on Dec. 27th. Sonic was gone.
So either it was a mistake for sonic to be there in the first place of an update removed it by accident?
It’s been mentioned several times (Sonic disappearing after update to v11)

All it means is Tesla added a check for data on the ports - if it’s not there Sonic isn’t available. It may still be installed in the car, they just don’t give you the icon and option to launch it. One of the code scrapers could confirm.

It’s been mentioned several times (Sonic disappearing after update to v11)

All it means is Tesla added a check for data on the ports - if it’s not there Sonic isn’t available. It may still be installed in the car, they just don’t give you the icon and option to launch it. One of the code scrapers could confirm.
Ah. Thanks for that.

Agreed this is a bit messed up(but fixable) and the only thing that seems to work is to continue to Tweet at Elon. Please continue to tweet. Perhaps one of those "Tesla Owners Club Silicon Valley" will retweet as Elon seems to respond to those people often for some reason.

Reactions: Oddmanout
Agreed this is a bit messed up(but fixable) and the only thing that seems to work is to continue to Tweet at Elon. Please continue to tweet. Perhaps one of those "Tesla Owners Club Silicon Valley" will retweet as Elon seems to respond to those people often for some reason.
I'm also really glad there wasn't a shortage on LED displays for the infotainment. Would have hated to pick up the MYLR with an etch-a-sketch installed.

It's because the missing games require a remote. The USB-C installed in your (and my wife's Y) don't have USBc with ability to transfer info, therefore no remote capability. Supposed to be a free retrofit when they get them in stock but no telling how long.
I’ve never heard of Tesla planning a free retrofit for Model Y cars made after 11/2021 (cars with powered usb only, no data ability). The only free retrofit is if your car shipped without any center consol usb-c ports. Tesla will install power only usb-c for free.
Some people found oem usb data module used in model Y which had data enabled ports & installed. Although the ports now handled data (usb music & game controllers) , the missing games did not appear in the car since tesla knows your car build and deemed the games should be hidden or not installed.

2022.28.2 brings back the games we lost….. except in the exact same way it would’ve worked 10 months ago..… no Bluetooth added support just glovebox… idiotic.
I can play all games including Sonic, Cup Head , cat quest (or whatever it is called) from my center usb-c ports in my 2022 Model Y using powerA game controllers. I have a small usb-c/usb-A adapter for each game controller. & updated my center console ports to support data & power. There are a few threads already about that topic so use search feature to find them if interested. Plugging in a controller makes the message about using glovebox vanish.

I can play all games including Sonic, Cup Head , cat quest (or whatever it is called) from my center usb-c ports in my 2022 Model Y using powerA game controllers. I have a small usb-c/usb-A adapter for each game controller. & updated my center console ports to support data & power. There are a few threads already about that topic so use search feature to find them if interested. Plugging in a controller makes the message about using glovebox vanish.
Ok but this is a workaround. Not what Tesla intended.