Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No sound from front door speakers, rear speakers and subwoofer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two weeks ago Tesla replaced a cooling pump and super boil in my TM3LR. After the repair the front door speakers, rear speakers and subwoofer are not working any more. The radio sound is only coming from the front speakers next to the side mirrors. (Sounds like a phone…)

Tesla is telling me it was the result of a software update required to “learn” the replaced parts is carrying a software bug.

Tesla will come with a fix…..

This is now two weeks ago. Still no software fix. Very annoying!!

Anyone who knows a fix for this??

Thanks.

I thought someone had reported a subwoofer bug after the 2022.12.3.1 update they just had to go in to safety and select powerdown sit there for 2 minutes without touching anything then pressing the brake pedal to turn the car back on. Only saw a single report of the subwoofer issue on here so not sure if that will help you.

Reactions: UnicornDriver
So I too am now dealing with no sound from any speakers but the two on the A posts. Just got my 2020 Model 3 dual motor performance back from being at the Tesla service center for A MONTH. Getting my heater unit replaced due to no heat. Pick my car up and now have no sound from the speakers except the front two tweeters.

So my question is, I see others with similar issues. Is there a fix or are we just stuck with it. I have owned this car now for almost a year now and have to say I am happy with it, but slowly becoming frustrated with things such as this and if the car needs fixed the service center keeps the car for a month before returning it.

So I too am now dealing with no sound from any speakers but the two on the A posts. Just got my 2020 Model 3 dual motor performance back from being at the Tesla service center for A MONTH. Getting my heater unit replaced due to no heat. Pick my car up and now have no sound from the speakers except the front two tweeters.

So my question is, I see others with similar issues. Is there a fix or are we just stuck with it. I have owned this car now for almost a year now and have to say I am happy with it, but slowly becoming frustrated with things such as this and if the car needs fixed the service center keeps the car for a month before returning it.
My car was out in the service center for six weeks and came back with the same issue you have. Tesla told me they will fix this with a software update. But they keep us in the dark when this is going to happen. Absolutely ridiculous. They give this issue no priority at all. We probably have to wait the same issue will end up in Elon’s car…..

I also have no sound from rearspeakers/subwoofer. I am on version 2022.12.3.2. I've tried the scroll reset and disconnecting/reconnecting the cables to the amplifier with no resolution. I have a service ticket open but appointment is not until end of the month.

I also have no sound from rearspeakers/subwoofer. I am on version 2022.12.3.2. I've tried the scroll reset and disconnecting/reconnecting the cables to the amplifier with no resolution. I have a service ticket open but appointment is not until end of the month.
Removing the plug from the amplifier at the rear can and will blow either the amplifier or the main computer or the microphone in the roof...This can only be done with 12v battery disconnected and the main battery plug next to the 12v output disconnected

Removing the plug from the amplifier at the rear can and will blow either the amplifier or the main computer or the microphone in the roof...This can only be done with 12v battery disconnected and the main battery plug next to the 12v output disconnected
There was post earlier i read where some people disconnected the cables to the amp it seemed to have fixed the issue. Now I know not to disconnect the cables again. Thanks!

JUST had my car delivered friday night

checked it out during the day saturday when i had more time and there was absolutely NO sound from any of the speakers except the front

literally sounds like a sony walkman from the early 90's

they were able to rush a service for me this thursday ay 8:30am in burbank - i will post a follow up on how the visit went and what the diagnosis is

model y running on version 2022.11.101.5

Anyone have a resolution for this? I have a new to me 2019 model 3 dual motor long range with no sound from amplifier driven speakers. Tried soft rest and hard reset disconnecting batteries. Swapped amplifiers. Nothing seems to resolve issue. New to tesla so not sure if I should just wait for a software update or try the service center. Please report back if you find a resolution.

Anyone have a resolution for this? I have a new to me 2019 model 3 dual motor long range with no sound from amplifier driven speakers. Tried soft rest and hard reset disconnecting batteries. Swapped amplifiers. Nothing seems to resolve issue. New to tesla so not sure if I should just wait for a software update or try the service center. Please report back if you find a resolution.

I went to my service appt Thursday.

It was a loose wire to the amp…

I’m thinking this is happening to you too

Service tech says moving the subwoofer/amplifier caused the computer to short. Computer needs replacement- not covered under warranty. Just a PSA--please disconnect your battery if you plan on moving your subwoofer.

Tesla Issue description.png

Reactions: rickyjb
Service tech says moving the subwoofer/amplifier caused the computer to short. Computer needs replacement- not covered under warranty. Just a PSA--please disconnect your battery if you plan on moving your subwoofer.

View attachment 811198
I'd call BS didn't you remove the sub after the problem occurred? So it would appear that your troubleshooting did not cause the problem that was already there.

View attachment 811198

See my above comments, removing 12v battery does not stop the power surge, you need to remove battery neg terminal and then the main battery under the seat next to the 12v output.

removing the subwoofer connectoion at the subwoofer will not cause the power surge, removal of the plugs at the amplifier or the ground connection at the amplifier however will.

The system is surprisingly delicate....

Reactions: tegra7
I had a hit and run on my 2018 Model 3 two months ago. Everything was in perfect working order including the sound. The repair shop had it 6 weeks but did an AMAZING job on the repair (which included a software update as soon as got the car back)....BUT.....I now have the same stereo issue you all are talking about.

No option on the software. All the sound is coming from the front A pillars and nothing from the doors, or sub. 3 days later I get a low voltage battery issue and it needs to be replaced. I though maybe it was related. I took it to a Tesla repair center yesterday to have the low voltage battery replaced. I mention to the sales guy about the stereo and he was going to tell the tech. That did not happen. All the issues related to the low voltage battery are gone except I still had the same issue with the sound. He did not have time to take it back due to being short staffed. (eyes rolling). I tell all of this so you will know even replacing the low voltage battery did not fix the issue. I feel in my case, and pretty much most above, it is directly a related to software/firmware and none of the other BS I read in this thread.

Haha you think its BS and you base this on what exactly?
me? I base it on unplugging a sub. components are not that sensitive. And if the issue was there before it was even unplugged during troubleshooting how did it cause the issue? Did unplugging it go back in time and cause the original issue?
Yeah I call BS people make up *sugar* all the time.

Last edited:
me? I base it on unplugging a sub. components are not that sensitive. And if the issue was there before it was even unplugged during troubleshooting how did it cause the issue? Did unplugging it go back in time and cause the original issue?
Yeah I call BS people make up *sugar* all the time.

No I was referring to the person who called it BS, the problem isnt with unplugging the subwoofer its with unplugging the amplifier but lets make this interesting, anyne who is man enough to go onto a forum and call BS surely is man enough to take their phone, press record and then go to the back of that car and remove that plug in and out of the amp (or if they prefer the ground to the amp) lets say 10 times to show how much bullshit it is right?