Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No sound from speaker above door?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
update: I think it’s the microphone

Hi question on the 2021 model s. I’m not sure if this is a speaker or not. But above the door on the support side of the roof is a rectangular speaker? It’s not a pillar speaker or a speaker on the door.
There’s no sound coming out of it. Is it just me?
the door panel speaker also sounds deeper. It seems to be missing the rest of the audio. Is this a problem too?

thanks!

Last edited:
Tesla's strategy is to use many tiny speakers (20+) instead of a few large ones. The smaller the speaker, the smaller the frequency response range of the speaker, which means a single speaker can't play lows, mids and highs at equal quality. To get around this, Tesla assigns frequency ranges to speakers - some output the mids and highs, and some the lows. It's possible they tuned the door speaker to low-frequency responses. Low frequencies benefit from a large diameter and the doors are probably the biggest ones.

Reactions: Thepugster
Hello,
If you decide to upgrade your door speakers or Subwoofer in your Tesla (either model) we offer a wide range of packages when it comes to Tesla speakers.

71nLo1XeWvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg