Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No sound with Sirius XM, tried everything

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

I have 2018 MS (September). Just purchased few feeks ago from Tesla

Just subscribed to Sirius XM and there is no sound,

Been on the phone with Sirius XM tech for more than 2 hours trying to resolve issue and nothing.
Then was told to contact Tesla.

Also on screen message shows " your trial will expire 10/11/2020" !!!
Tried to reboot, refresh etc but no luck.
Anyone here with same problem?

You need to refresh the radio to update it first at Sirius XM Refresh, if you haven't done that. Also, get your radioID if you haven' t gotten that. I have loss of SXM volume at times. I have found that the improper loss of sound I can fix by changing channels, or pressing the mute button two or three times. Turning up the volume has no effect when it is in this bad state.

Reactions: vegasko
SiriusXM does not work correctly on any car right now. I loose the icon completely, then it comes back. The channel numbers are all screwed up and not correct, the volume comes and goes, and there is a scratchy static when you adjust the volume or just are listening. Pretty sure you have a Tesla problem, but service can't do anything until someone with authority tells the programmers there is a problem. Do you know Musk? :)

Reactions: vegasko
SiriusXM does not work correctly on any car right now. I loose the icon completely, then it comes back. The channel numbers are all screwed up and not correct, the volume comes and goes, and there is a scratchy static when you adjust the volume or just are listening. Pretty sure you have a Tesla problem, but service can't do anything until someone with authority tells the programmers there is a problem. Do you know Musk? :)

Got delivery on my MYP 10 days ago. Love the car but have been struggling to get the supposed 3 month XM trial working. Can you confirm a few things I think I've learned? Models S and X have SXM satellite receiver hardware included, do 2022 Model Ys?

If there is no receiver then I guess only way for XM to work is to download SXM to your smart phone and login from the XM app, then get bluetooth connected from phone to screen. I was at last able to get the music playing on phone from XM to play over car speakers. However, aren't we supposed to be able to add XM as a streaming source via Audio settings Source screen? Several other streaming sources which would need subscriptions are shown as being able to be turned on or off. But not SXM on my car. Does anyone know how that is supposed to be done?

Thanks for any help!

I don't think the MYP has the SXM radio, and the Bluetooth connection is the best alternative that you have used. I do not know about getting SXM source added, but maybe you can add your phone Bluetooth connection as a favorite, but I haven't tried that.