TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

No Sound

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AJC79, May 1, 2016.

1. AJC79

AJC79 New Member

Long time reader, first time poster.

Got up yesterday and now have no sound coming from speakers. Tried rebooting both displays, powering down the vehicle and nothing has worked. Called service center yesterday and it spontaneously started working but later in the day it stopped again. Tried the reboot a couple more times without success. Called the technical support line today because my service center is closed. They had me run through the same reboot process without success. Said they downloaded car info but there were no obvious abnormalities.

Now, I have no sound with Slacker, regular radio, cannot use my phone in the car, no sound for turn signal or parking alerts. I tried searching the forum for similar problems but didn't find anything. Has anyone else had or heard about this problem?
    Thanks.

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Wow. I could see the head unit losing sound for whatever reason. But not the driving-based sounds. I'm surprised they run through the same bus. I am thinking that your main amp went bust.

3. alexandrecc

alexandrecc New Member

Ajc79 : I have the same problem since yesterday. How did you solve it finally ?

4. PtG62901

PtG62901 Member

What version are you on? Just upgrade to 8?

5. AJC79

AJC79 New Member

I called the service center and they ran me through the reboot process that I had already tried. The technician said they were going to pull the logs and look into it. Ultimately, the sound returned about 2 days later and I haven't had a problem since. Sorry that I don't have a better answer than that.