Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time reader, first time poster.

Got up yesterday and now have no sound coming from speakers. Tried rebooting both displays, powering down the vehicle and nothing has worked. Called service center yesterday and it spontaneously started working but later in the day it stopped again. Tried the reboot a couple more times without success. Called the technical support line today because my service center is closed. They had me run through the same reboot process without success. Said they downloaded car info but there were no obvious abnormalities.

Now, I have no sound with Slacker, regular radio, cannot use my phone in the car, no sound for turn signal or parking alerts. I tried searching the forum for similar problems but didn't find anything. Has anyone else had or heard about this problem?
Thanks.

I called the service center and they ran me through the reboot process that I had already tried. The technician said they were going to pull the logs and look into it. Ultimately, the sound returned about 2 days later and I haven't had a problem since. Sorry that I don't have a better answer than that.

Long time reader, first time poster.

Got up yesterday and now have no sound coming from speakers. Tried rebooting both displays, powering down the vehicle and nothing has worked. Called service center yesterday and it spontaneously started working but later in the day it stopped again. Tried the reboot a couple more times without success. Called the technical support line today because my service center is closed. They had me run through the same reboot process without success. Said they downloaded car info but there were no obvious abnormalities.

Now, I have no sound with Slacker, regular radio, cannot use my phone in the car, no sound for turn signal or parking alerts. I tried searching the forum for similar problems but didn't find anything. Has anyone else had or heard about this problem?
Thanks.

Also had this problem and I posted in another thread about radio not working and entertainment options freezing. Cust. Support said the same thing, restart the system. Following their suggestions improved it some, but it still happens occassionally, no sound, just freezes and can't change radio stations for a few minutes. Super annoying. If you continue to experience this after a reboot of the system, file a bug report with Tesla.