Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No street names on navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My navigation map shows POI like restaurants,businesses and other places but no STREET names. This happened after last update. In fact the last update caused navigation to require service. I have been trying to work with remote service but still no street names on maps.
This is Tesla reasoning: this is not a MS issue but rather likely a google maps issue. Tesla’s vehicles are unique and react to 3rd party data issues,much like a smart phone or pc.
So do any other MS have this issue?
Any suggestions as this has been happening for months without a solution.
E10C3405-07E2-4D12-932E-00EE6BDF6B97.jpeg
5D05E030-AE31-4295-B384-A9923EDAC2D3.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Gadget-X
FWIW, I have this issue in my 2023 Model S (delivered in October).
But what I just noticed is that the street names reliably appear again when I pull into my own driveway (and even before I put the car in Park)
(Of course that's where I least need them: at home...:))
My only guess right now is that this is related to being on wifi.
I have premium connectivity, and get traffic information reliably; so I don't know why wifi would matter.
But that's at least my guess now: you have to be on wifi.
Anybody else see that?

I might drive by my local service center (about a mile away) and see if the street names appear when I go on *their* wifi.

FWIW, I have this issue in my 2023 Model S (delivered in October).
But what I just noticed is that the street names reliably appear again when I pull into my own driveway (and even before I put the car in Park)
(Of course that's where I least need them: at home...:))
My only guess right now is that this is related to being on wifi.
I have premium connectivity, and get traffic information reliably; so I don't know why wifi would matter.
But that's at least my guess now: you have to be on wifi.
Anybody else see that?

I might drive by my local service center (about a mile away) and see if the street names appear when I go on *their* wifi.
Been gone a month came back and found out my street names disappeared on my tesla model three only three months old