Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Summon or Autosummon after buying EAP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got delivery of my 2023 M3 where I purchased Enhanced Auto Pilot. While the screen shows I have this and the associated features, it doesn't show SUMMON or AUTOSUMMON anywhere. It's not on the app. I read that I may need to drive it a bit for it to show up, but I'm 200 miles in and it's still not there. Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Welcome to the tesla club, first thing that would help everyone help you out would be to state what version of software your are on, i'm guessing you have one of the new cars without the ultrasonic sensors, going to be you just need a software update that will probably be pushed out soon

You got caught in that gap. I remember when AP1 was all the news then when AP 2 came out it didn't have any of the AP1 features. Over time It's really looking good. Summons may currently not be so trustworthy but with vision here's hoping it gets better. I have flown my share of FPV drones and airplanes and I often wonder why tesla does not allow Realtime streaming of their video feed while vehicle is using summon. I think it would make it so much easier to keep an eye on the car to have the front facing camera and the B pillar feeds on the phone.

I remember when AP1 was all the news then when AP 2 came out it didn't have any of the AP1 features.
Yeah, and it took them 30+ MONTHS to get to parity. They literally delivered me a car without any kind of cruise control at all in 2016, and I didn't get simple radar cruise for 3 months.
I have flown my share of FPV drones and airplanes and I often wonder why tesla does not allow Realtime streaming of their video feed while vehicle is using summon. I think it would make it so much easier to keep an eye on the car to have the front facing camera and the B pillar feeds on the phone.
Because the data goes over the cell network and costs Tesla money.

Reactions: Darmie
Yeah, and it took them 30+ MONTHS to get to parity. They literally delivered me a car without any kind of cruise control at all in 2016, and I didn't get simple radar cruise for 3 months.

Because the data goes over the cell network and costs Tesla money.
I would think since they allow sentry streaming they would let you see this while sommon was in action. The B pillar would just sweeten the deal.

1667595404498.png

I have flown my share of FPV drones and airplanes and I often wonder why tesla does not allow Realtime streaming of their video feed while vehicle is using summon. I think it would make it so much easier to keep an eye on the car to have the front facing camera and the B pillar feeds on the pho
As a drone pilot myself, that's actually a great idea! 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Darmie