Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No supercharger on route suggestions on navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was in Cambridge Ontario with 25% charge with an eventual destination to my home in Keswick. I added a stop in Richmond Hill to pick up my son on the way. I know I don’t have enough charge to make it all the way home while I have enough to get to Richmond Hill and there are no super chargers on the way to Keswick from Richmond Hill without back tracking. I expected the navigation system to route me to a supercharger on the way to Richmond hill but instead just gave me a message that I won’t have enough charge to get to Keswick. What did I do wrong or is the Nav system just not that sophisticated to deal with added stops? Thank you for your advice in advance.

Was in Cambridge Ontario with 25% charge with an eventual destination to my home in Keswick. I added a stop in Richmond Hill to pick up my son on the way. I know I don’t have enough charge to make it all the way home while I have enough to get to Richmond Hill and there are no super chargers on the way to Keswick from Richmond Hill without back tracking. I expected the navigation system to route me to a supercharger on the way to Richmond hill but instead just gave me a message that I won’t have enough charge to get to Keswick. What did I do wrong or is the Nav system just not that sophisticated to deal with added stops? Thank you for your advice in advance.
Try tapping your finger on the screen and you will see several icons come up on the upper right-hand side. Touch on the bottom icon and a list of the nearest Superchargers will come up.

Hope this is of some help.

Rich

Open PlugShare on the browser, everything will come up. Get a CCS1 adapter from the Tesla Shop, then you will really be in business, since I got this I change the filter to only show Level 3 i.e. Combo CCS and Tesla.

Also do not forget to check PlugShare on laptop for destination (40-80A J1772) chargers before making hotel reservations. they are growing exponentially, nicer hotels will have a green EV only cone blocking the spots as ICEing by the functionally illiterate and half-blind hepta/octo-genarians is still very common.

Last edited:
Reactions: pmifsud
1666539879721.jpeg

Not sure why the car didn't give you a supercharger stop, as the waystop edit feature is fairly new still, so maybe it does have issues with figuring out something that seems intuitively obvious to humans. Sounds like you know your area will enough that this wasn't an issue.

Reactions: pmifsud